Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Wheelin the HD
7,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's your civic duty, don't be so whiney.
plenty of laid off people that arn't bothering to look for jobs, I have one, Im loosing almost $230 a day sitting here, and I cant get time off for anything, now, tell me why I want to waste my time sitting in a room on the side of the court house all day.

·
AKA GreyShrink
521 Posts
plenty of laid off people that arn't bothering to look for jobs, I have one, Im loosing almost $230 a day sitting here, and I cant get time off for anything, now, tell me why I want to waste my time sitting in a room on the side of the court house all day.
Well, you might think of this.... If you were charged with something and facing a jury that was going to decide your fate, would you want the jury filled with "laid off people that aren't bothering to look for jobs"?

·
Wheelin the HD
7,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Actually, yes. Because they're probably criminals so they will side with me.
x2

What would you rather have? someone that's pissed off about not being at their normal job or someone that's pissed off because they had to get off their ass?

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Im stuck in jury duty, help? anyone want to run me over on a break? C'mon! I'm sure you can help me out of this...
jury duty is fun. you get to laugh (inside) as some really stupid lawyers and is some cases, some really stupid plaintiffs/defendants/witnesses. then there is the bonus of getting to talk about it to your co-workers. also once you see how it works from inside the jury box you'll want to be forever law abiding. guarenteed it is NOT anything like television.

·
NINJA DEALER
2,618 Posts
I have to go the 1st week of feb and im definatly not looking forward to sitting downtown detroit all day at the 36th district court, i guess it would'nt be so bad if it was'nt wayne county, i need to move!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Cry me a river. Don't like it, move somewhere else. Everybody wants the perks of living in America but nobody wants to do a damn thing to maintain our system.

·
Postal Scrambler
807 Posts
SOOOO sorry.

Been there, did that (attempted murder case), one of the worst experiences of my life. At least top three, and that's above when I cut the end of my finger off in a jointer-planer.

I didn't lie to get out of it because it was my civil duty, I paid attention during the trial because it was my civil duty, I actually fought for what I believed in in the jury room because it was my civil duty, BUT just because it's part of the system we live in doesn't mean it DIDN'T SUCK SERIOUS ASS and that I HATED EVERY FUCKING MINUTE!

So rant on brother, you're there, you're doing it, it's your right to bitch til the cows come home as far as I'm concerned.

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Tell them that you don't care for teh negras.
Too many people try that. You need to insist the judge is senile and should be removed from the bench.

That should get them to pass you over... or put you in jail. Either way you won't be listening to some else's boring trial. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.