Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 76 for $750 is the third one. I never had it running. The guy that I got it from said it ran fine. He was just using it the last few years to plow his drive. It had an electric fuel pump put on after the OEM one failed. Now the electric one has failed as well. So it needs a fuel pump for sure. If you are thinkg daily driver or something I doubt that this is it. For a beater etc it would probably work fine. If you would perfer to phone my number is 616-846-6613.

·
825 Posts
tell me more about the YJ.
body condition, frame, engine, trans?

·
Premium Member
9,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frame is rusted though on the rear. Body has rust in the usual place on the sides. I have not pulled the carpet but floors feel OK. Engine looks to have blow by. There is lots of oil under the hood. Trany I do not know I never drove this one.

·
Flat Fender's Forever
125 Posts
What can you tell me about the 1974 CJ 5 Rolling Chassis? Axle ratio? Trans and transfer case included? Picture?
Jeff

·
Premium Member
9,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
dunedog the 74 cj 5 chassis is basicilly a complete jeep with 1/2 the body gone and the other 1/2 very rusty. It does have a motor trany and t-case yet. Rear axle is athe oem dana 44 and front is dana 30. I would assume that the gears are 3:73 as that was the most common back than. Everything is included. I have never heard it run buit it does turn over and the previous owner said it ran fine.

lt1yj
scrambler pros:
it is a scrambler
rear floors are in very good condition yet
dana 44 front and rear axles
front and rear disc brakes
detroit locker reardetroit soft locker front
runs and drives
chevy 350 motor
turbo 350 trany
dana 300 t-case
some may consider the chevy stuff a "con"
winch

scrambler cons:
driver and passenger floors need replacement
rust in the rear driver side
needs windshield frame
tires are weather cracked very bad
wheels are rusty
gas tank leaks
starter needs to be replaced it will start but the starter is bad

·
Premium Member
9,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hosrjockey4506 I never had the yj running. Previous owner said it ran fine but they all do when they are selling. It needs a fuel pump andf that is my next project. Hopefully it will get done in the next day or two. Problem is I thought that you were looking for a 4.0 and this is the 4.2.

·
GeoDude
2,525 Posts
what is this one and how's the body and frame? any more pics?
your list says a 78 for $650 but then you post 76 for $750

·
Premium Member
9,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
caveman I will have to check the title and see for sure what that one is. I think it is a 1978. Frame is rough and so is the body. Give me an e-mail address and I will try and send a couple more pics if you are really interested. $650 will buy it.

hosejocket come and buy this one and do the swap.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts