Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
no sorry its 3.07 gears but i drove it to silver lake and back with no noises and leaks that i can see...ill have to crawl under their and take a look.

·
Irish R&B Singer
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it is my dd......i do need them because i have a 4 cyl......its a dog now y would i wanna put differnt gearing in it to make if more of a dog.....plus i like useing my 4 wheel drive in the winter......at the airport when our tractor wont pull the airplanes i grab the jeep throw it in 4x4 and pull with it

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
it is my dd......i do need them because i have a 4 cyl......its a dog now y would i wanna put differnt gearing in it to make if more of a dog.....plus i like useing my 4 wheel drive in the winter......at the airport when our tractor wont pull the airplanes i grab the jeep throw it in 4x4 and pull with it
im not tryin to be a dumbass here, but if you needed an axle that bad, i wouldnt be worried that much. youve got how long until winter time to look for a 4.10 axle, or regear? because if your axle was taking a dump on you, you dont have the time to be picky if you rely it everyday to get you around

·
Irish R&B Singer
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the ring and pinnion is supposivly shot from what the shop told me.....rideing my bike right now so its not a big deal....i would just rather pull the axle and put a new on then try to figure out how to do a new ring and pinion....and i figured that if someone wanted to upgrade from their d 35 to an 8.25 they might just wanna trade.....when it comes down to it and i can't ride the bike much longer ill just have to drop the dime to get it fixed but then ill just wanna sell this axle anyways

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
I can't even get rid of a 10 bolt rear axle for a case of beer....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts