Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm parting out this '94 YJ . The 4.0L engine failed with 168K miles on the vehicle. The brakes, exhaust, and transmission have all been maintained within the last two (2) years. The body condition is fair with some rust in the typical places (under the "Jeep" logos, and driver-side floorpan foot area).

Reasonable offers will be considered, and are encouraged. Unreasonable offers will be ignored. :tonka: Cash only; no trades (I am parting this out for a friend who has no use for parts; I do not own the vehicle). If you help pull the larger items (e.g. - Transmission, t-case, axles), you'll get a 15% discount on these items. Removal of items will require a little lead-time, as I'll be parting this out over the next 3-4 weeks.

I'm located in Allendale, just west of Grand Rapids.

Thanks,
Craig

EDIT: (Committed) parts line-up as of Monday 11/5:
  • Motor harness & computer: $25 *Don Briney (BOBCAT)*
  • Auto tilt steering column: $100. *SOLD (sQUEAK003)*
  • YJ Tub (bare): Body condition is fair with some rust in the typical places (under the "Jeep" logos, and driver-side floorpan foot area). $225 *SOLD (1crazyredneck)* ($100 deposit rec'd)
  • TF-999 automatic transmission: Serviced within the last 2 years, and works well. $125. *SOLD (79CJ5 Renegade)*
  • NP-231 transfer case: Works properly in all gears. $125. *SOLD (79CJ5 Renegade)*
  • Windshield frame: Good overall condition, with some minor surface rust. Includes glass, but glass is cracked. Also includes wiper linkage. $50. *SOLD (cannaert)*
  • Frame, springs, shackles & frame: $200. *special ed* (SOLD)
  • Carpet & Spare Tire Carrier: $30 *SOLD (FlamingTomato)*
  • Radiator, water pump, misc. small parts: $80. *SOLD (Rainbird1099)*
  • Tailgate: $50. *SOLD (sandmaster)*
  • Soft top w/hardware: Does not include door uppers. $50. *SOLD (sandmaster)*
  • Rear seatbelts. $15. *SOLD (sandmaster)*
  • 1/2 hard doors: Passenger side is in very nice condition, with the exception of some scratches. Driver door has a small crinkle at the lower rear of the door. It could probably be straighened out, or you could just use them as-is. Gray interior panels are in nice shape, but are missing the pull straps. $150/pair *SOLD (matnic)*
  • (4) Wheels/tires: $75/set. *SOLD (dalovva)*
  • Grill w/lights: Nice condition. $35 *SOLD (mankind)*
  • Family-style rollbar: $100. *SOLD (mankind)*
  • Hood: Decent condition, but has some dents/dings. $15 *SOLD (mankind)*

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,616 Posts
pm sent,

Also, it is probably a tf-999 tranny. Does it have a lock-up converter??

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,616 Posts
TF-999s were used until '91, and 30RH (a version of the 999) from '92-'95, according to the Jeep Tech site. I'm not sure if it has a lock-up torque converter, or not.

I also replied to your PM, BTW.

Craig

True about the tranny, with the 2.5 engine. The 4.0 continued using the 999, says so on that site. just fyi

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys,

There are a couple folks interested in checking out the complete vehicle (minus doors & rear seat). Cash talks, and a complete vehicle sale would take precedence over selling individual parts. If you're interested in checking this complete Jeep out in the next couple days prior to it being transported to my house, PM me for the owner's contact info. If the complete vehicle is still available after Thursday evening, it'll be transported to my place to prepare for disassembly.

For individual product inquiries, see notes below.

Thanks,
Craig

may be interested in the wheels, top and fenders
Noted.

does anyone know what tranny is in the 1994 4cyl 2.5 auto jeep yj
Yes, please create a post in the "Tech" forum.

I have a buddy interested in the T-case and Windshield.
Bumpity!
check your email Criag. :)
Kelsey - I e-mailed you back.

I would post in the Jeep Tech forum, and not in someone's for sale post. :miff:

Price on the frame Craig?
$75

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I edited the original post to list a committed parts/buyer list. If the Jeep isn't sold by Thurday midday, I'm making arrangements to move it to my place to prepare for tear-down.

If you want to commit to a purchase (not just be "interested"), please let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Update to come soon...

Craig

·
Registered
105 Posts
Driver side fender. Decent shape means no rust or dings? Also interested in the door jamb dome lite switch and the plastic covers for the door latch pin.
Thanks, Smitty

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What kind of spare is it the goodyear one like this and what size is it 215 or 225???
thanks Rob 616-443-5155
Driver side fender. Decent shape means no rust or dings? Also interested in the door jamb dome lite switch and the plastic covers for the door latch pin.
Thanks, Smitty

Gentlemen,

I'll have to address both of these questions once I get the Jeep back to my place and get a good look at things. My parts assessment came from photos, and a verbal conversation with my buddy. I'll post an update on these parts once it's here.

Smitty - Your description would be "mint" condition (vs. "decent"). I doubt they're mint, but I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Titles are over rated
1,298 Posts
If anyone will bring some items back to waterford for me I will chip in on gas costs. If someone will Then Craig I will commit to:
the rims / tires, the lower half (female end of 1 rear belt, the soft top, and the radiator.

fell free to call me or pm
Scott

1 - 20 of 88 Posts