Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pics to come by end of weekend...

I just got back LATE last night from buying two (2) OEM Scrambler tubs in Richmond, Virginia (we built a family vacation out of the trip). I'm selling the nicer tub, and keeping the rougher (but very repairable) tub for myself.

The nicer tub is 95% rust-free. Everything is nice, with the exception of a small hole in the driver-side rear corner (just under/to the side of the tailgate area). If you're local, I can work with you to repair this (I have a MIG welder). Otherwise, there are a couple dents/dings, but the tub is VERY nice/solid...even the floorpans.

I honestly expect that this will end up on eBay, but thought I'd offer it here first for $800. This is less than 1/2 the price of a 4WD Hardware fiberglass tub, and I have already done the traveling to the land of "clean Jeeps" (24+ hour round trip driving). I can pretty much guarantee that you won't find a tub this clean anywhere around the salty Midwest.

If you're interested in this tub, contact me quickly, as I'll be selling it quickly to recoup my purchase/travel costs. Cash only...no trades.

I'm located just west of Grand Rapids.

Craig

EDIT (7/28): Here's an initial pic (more to come). It's the red one on bottom (I'm keeping the brown one).

Surface rust on driver-side rocker (before wire wheeling):

Driver-side rocker (after wire wheeling...solid metal underneath):

Small holes (brazing would work to repair vs. cutting out sheet metal):

Passenger-side rocker:

Floorpans:

Rear end:

Small hole in left rear corner:

Overzealous use of torch to remove passenger body mount (floorpan is good, but "hat channel"/body mount needs rebuilt):

Passenger side hole & hat channel/body mount repair needed:

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

I also have this 1982 Wagoneer (FSJ) that could be a great low-buck donor for a frame & driveline for the Scrambler tub, if you're looking for a more turn-key project package.

Craig

·
Yooper In Training
7,372 Posts
I'd be all over this if I hadn't just found one with a good fiberglass body. Bump for ya.

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Added one pic...more to come. It'll be on eBay within a week if it's not gone before then.

Craig

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm very interested please give me a call tomorrow(sunday) 248-535-4913
Jeremy

·
10 0011 10101
2,336 Posts
Craig, you find the nicest toys... Bump for ya.

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Detailed pics added.

There were a couple minor issues I found on the underside of the tub that I didn't see when it was on the trailer, so I have dropped the price by $100 accordingly (now $800). There are two hat channel/body mount repairs needed, and a small hole that needs to be patched. These are relatively insignificant repairs given the overall condition of this 25-year-old tub.

Kaiser42 has first shot at this Scrambler tub, as I talked with him a couple times on the phone about it yesterday. I should probably hear back from him sometime today, and will know more then regarding the availability. In the event that he doesn't take the tub, I wanted to provide detailed photos for everyone else here. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm very interested please give me a call tomorrow(sunday) 248-535-4913
Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

I tried to call this morning as a follow-up to sending you additional pictures, but your voicemail box is full. Please give me a call as soon as you can. If I haven't heard from you by this evening, I'll give you a call.

I e-mailed you my daytime (work) number, so you have both my work & home numbers.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
busyfixin is 2nd in line if anything should fall through with Kaiser42. Thanks.

Craig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts