Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mall Crawler
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tippmann 98 custom. Reactive trigger, flatline barrel, expansion chamber, M4 style collapsable stock, tasco scope, pressure gage, t-handle charging rod.

$150

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
can this fire pepper rounds im looking into growing a pony tail and bounty hunting!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
is there any where to mount a sling and will this be affected by my bullet proof vest?

also how accurate is this and how far its been a long time since ive shot paintball guns?

·
Mall Crawler
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is there any where to mount a sling and will this be affected by my bullet proof vest?

also how accurate is this and how far its been a long time since ive shot paintball guns?
lol, no, I doubt this will interfere your kevlar.

I actually had a sling on it when I used to play a lot. The collapsable stock has the holes for it, and the front of the fore grip can be looped with a strap without it moving around.

Being this has the flatline barrel, its range is far greater than a standard marker. The barrel actually has a curve in it, which puts backspin on the balls. This makes the balls flight less parabolic as in other markers, and more flat like a rifle. Hence "flatline." Keeping a fairly flat trajectory, you can probably fire decent paint out to 50 yards. And you could probably lob a ball out to 100 yards on a good day.

This is what it looks like with it off the gun.

·
Mall Crawler
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
regular hopper on it or cyclone???

Cyclone was only available on the A5. And if there was a retrofit kit for the 98, I dont have it.

I used one of those old style view loader reloaders with an X-board in it, and had zero issues with paint chops or misfires as long as I kept the R/T to a reasonable level. Even with a non-mechanical hopper, it wasnt that bad. You just couldnt do prolonged rapid fire, repeated 3 or 5 shot bursts were fine though.

Mated with an egg though, you could crank that R/T up as fast as it would go without a problem.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i loved my tippy 98, very easy to work on in the field. loads of upgrade parts. but i got rid of mine and bought an A-5...wanna talk about FULL AUTO..lmao

bump for a great starter gun though...will last a long time!
the flatline barrel alone is still going for $100. great buy for someone!

·
Mall Crawler
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I should also add that I also have the double trigger guard for it, as well as the stock single trigger with guard, the stock rear cap (to remove the collapsable stock), the iron sights, and the manual.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts