Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retro-Modder
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
0630 cast head is the highest flowing head (along with the 7120) ever factory produced.
1999 - 53010443 AA - NVH cast block has factory extra webs, reinforcements, and the Noise, Vibration, Harshness girdle.
Dual pattern camshaft.

I pulled this engine out of my daily driver (XJ Cherokee) this fall in order to swap in a 4.6l stroker I had built.
Obviously, most of the accessories are now swapped onto the new engine, but I'll throw in all the misc engine parts & acc I still have.
Stored out of the weather in porta-garage.

Used predominantly for long highway drives, engine ran STRONG with no smoke or oil consumption when pulled. Videos available of engine running prior to being pulled (only if seriously interested).

One of the freeze plugs has a leak. Would recommend replacing all the freeze plugs.

Asking:
$175 obo without stand; - SOLD
$200 obo with currently attached engine stand - Engine Stand still for sale.

·
Retro-Modder
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct. Engine and head and everything inside. I pulled the head since the engine is HEAVY (not just heavy, but TOP HEAVY), and I was rolling it around myself on plywood. Plus I wanted to see how the cylinders looked.
I also have some of the brackets, attachements, fan, etc to go with it too as well as some of the extra parts like the 258 oil pump, push rods, timing chains, etc. I had 3 engines at one point, and am trimming it back to the one in the vehicle again.

Cheers!

·
Retro-Modder
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
230k miles but that was mostly the prior owner who was stationed in Texas and commutted back and forth. ie, easy highway miles. Ran very strong when pulled. No oil or compression loss. Could squeal the tires.
Missing? Orig intake and orig exhaust, BUT I have an earlier 90's set of both that I am throwing in with it (98? 94?). The exhaust manifold is cracked and is weldable. Missing the alternator, power steering pump, water pump, throttle body, fuel rail, and maybe a small bolt here or there. Comes with a big box of extra 4.0 and 258 left over bolts and 258 misc little parts. If you were swapping engines, you'd be allset, but if you were starting from scratch with nothing, then this is mostly complete but missing the accessories pieces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts