Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After re-prioritizing my Jeep projects, workload, family time, etc., I have decided relist my 2nd CJ-10a "Brute-style" 1/2 tub, hardtop & doors.

The 1/2 tub is all CJ from the floor riser forward. It uses standard CJ windshield, dash, heater assembly, etc. The tub is in excellent, rust-free condition. The paint is faded (see photo below), so you really have to look at it in-person to appreciate the condition of the tug. The steel 1/2 hardtop is a "World Cab" design (double-wall construction) that uses square-corner doors. It's fully removable from the tub, and also includes a slider rear window, which is a very nice feature for ventilation. The hard doors are just like any other CJ door, with the exception of the square corners in the rear. All interior door panels, handles/window cranks, etc. are like any other CJ door. NOTE: Rearview mirrors/brackets will be removed from the doors, and OEM roof lights will be removed prior to sale (you can use inexpensive aftermarket ones from Napa).

This would be an easy swap onto a CJ or YJ frame. My offroad '10a (see pic below) has a 95.5" wheelbase, which is about 1.5" longer than a CJ-7. It gives you a good idea as to what the overall look of this setup would be with a CJ/YJ frame. If it were me, I'd use a Wagoneer frame (what I had planned on doing) for a 109" wheelbase rig and 6' pick-up bed. Jeep Panels Plus offers new M-416 replacement bed side panels for $140/side. This is the route I'd go for an easy, affordable bed (I didn't know about these when I bought my semi-rough M-416 trailer for my offroad '10a).

Anyone from \/\/est Michigan who has seen it personally can vouch for how clean this vehicle is. These were used as military aircraft/munitions tugs, and only go ~15 mph, so it has never seen road salt.

I'll sell the tub/top/doors package for $1000 firm cash money. Absolutely no trades. Buy it before I change my mind again and decide to keep it. :tonka: For an extra $200 ($1200 total), I can include a rust-free non-Michigan Wagoneer frame and an extra set of body/frame mounts for the tub. This frame is still 98% black paint. Consider the cost for a run-of-the-mill YJ tub or aftermarket fiberglass tub, top & full hard doors in lesser (or at best, equal) condition, and you'll see that this unique setup is a great value.

NOTE: The CJ-10a is still a complete vehicle, and I'll need 2-3 weeks to get the tub removed after a deposit of payment in full is received. Located just west of Grand Rapids.

Thanks,
Craig

Here's the only photo I have of this particular CJ-10a tub at the moment (not a good pic).

Steel 1/2 hard top w/rear slider window (this is my other tug...just posted to show design).

My first CJ-10a project utilizing a shortened M-416 military trailer bed (the tub I'm selling is in slightly better condition than this one):

Concept drawing with an old school Willy's pick-up truck bed:

Flatbed '10a:

Chris Durham buggy setup (on iteration of several):

CJ-10 export pick-up:

CJ-10a tub/top/doors on a Waggy frame (109" WB) and home-built bed:

Trail rig utilizing a shortened/capped YJ tub for the bed:

Gaucho using a stepside bed:

Nicely executed pick-up conversion:

·
All out Idiot
1,714 Posts
you keep hanging this in front of me like a carrot on a string, and i still have no money. :miff:

maybe if you still have this when i finish school. :sonicjay:

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
SALE PENDING, in this order:

1. Rob (pokerob)
  2. Tim (one of Hacksaw's buddies, but I don't hold that against him :tonka: )
  3. Nate (Jeep8499)

I should have a firm confirmation from Rob (who's a friend of mine) by late tomorrow night, and will follow up by Tuesday midday about the availability.

Thanks!
Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts