Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Parting ways with my '71 Wagoneer. I no longer have time for it.

It is an early AMC built 1414X (Deluxe) that originally had a factory 360 and also one of the last 1414X models built. Most of the original parts are still there (any that were salvageable including the rare center console and floor shifter), very little rust for its age. It was a western truck that I had shipped from MT a few years ago.

It currently sits without an engine, trans or transfer case. If you can round up an AMC V8, AMC TH400 and a matching Dana 20 to put in it, you can make it a runner in a weekend.

Updates I've done before pulling the AMC stuff in favor of making it a 2wd hot rod include;
hydroboost brakes
disc brake 44 front to replace the closed knuckle Dana 30 (rebuilt with new ball joints, seals, Ford outers to match the 5x5.5 pattern with new rotors, pads, bearings, one new hub and a set of good Warn lock outs, tie rod ends and brake hoses).
Complete rewire with an EZ harness
new tilt column with an old school 3 spoke wheel
Decent set of Goodyears.
New front shoulder belts with pillar mounting kit (not installed).
New aluminum radiator with a couple hours run time and a few miles of driving.
There is probably a few other things i'm forgetting.

Parts that will come with it;
new carpet kit I got really cheap that I was going to dye black
window wipe kit
wiper blades
black under dash AC set up from a later model

$1800 as it sits with the parts listed and anything else that I find as I clean up the garage and empty out the stuff i've stored in it.

$2300 with the parts I was going to use to convert it. '96 LT1/4L60E complete w/harness and accessories, XJ beam front axle with weld on spring and shock mounts, complete gasket kit for the LT1.

Back seat view when I got it. Pretty much the same now only without nasty rotting carpet on the floor.

This is what the front looked like when I got it. Seats were junk and the column and wheel weren't any better.

More pics here, http://s652.photobucket.com/user/High_Idle/library/71 Wagoneer some are a few years old and some from a week or two ago.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a link at the bottom of my post with a lot more pics. I might have more interior pics I can add to the photo bucket folder.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics added of interior as it was when I took delivery of it. Pretty much the same now without nasty original carpet and indoor/outdoor carpet on top of it.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Saw this jeep in person and it is NICE. Not going to find a nicer starting point for a project boys. Wish I had a spot for it Simon.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Would you trade for a really clean unmolested 1980 Chevy Malibu? Florida car with zero rust! Runs and drives, carb needs some attention. Great foundation for a street car

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts