Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked these up a while back with the intent of having KillerB go through them and they've just been sitting around ever since. They are not suspected to have any issues, it was more of an inspection/blessing that I was planning to do. One is a 2wd and complete. The other is a 4wd and missing the shift lever. Combining the two would give you a good one and a lot of good extra parts, or you can finish them both and they can be used with adapter kits, such as Novak.

$125. Available immediately. All forms of PayPal payments accepted.

Sold.

·
A pirate 200 yrs to late
377 Posts
They are both granny first tranny's.

He got em from me.

·
Premium Member
9,322 Posts
Do these have the short input shaft that a CJ would need? Also will a CJ dana 20 bolt to these directly or will some kind of adaptor be needed? Thanks

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are Ford units. CJ's did not use Ford-configured units. I would expect the 4wd trans to have a 31-spline output, but I'll count the splines. I have no idea what would bolt directly to them, but the 2wd trans would need some kind of adapter. :tonka:

If they were CJ units, they wouldn't be this cheap. Even if you had to swap some shit in them, how can you not take 2 of them for $125?

·
Premium Member
10,939 Posts
I run a Ford T18, and i did this on purose! REad on Novak's site, about the dozen variations of Jeep T18's, compared to Ford's only one they used (except early and late shift pattern). I started with a 2wd Ford T18 (ealry one), and got the Novak adapter, and this thing has been absolutely nuclear proof! And, it's the one you want to start with (do some research).

And PP, that's a steal! You aught to be selling them separate for double that price each!

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you aren't willing to pay for these parts, don't contact me about them. They are not leaving until they are paid for. Even e-checks via PayPal will require that the funds clear prior to taking the transmissions.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts