Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**SOLD** 1989 Toyota 4x4 Cargo Van $650

Unique Toyota offroad project for the winter or winter daily driver (with work).

Good:
Approx. 127K
Newer BFG Long Trails (4) approx 1k miles
Auto trans.
4x4 Manual locking hubs (same as early 4runner)
Tinted windows
Aftermarket Hella headlights
Custom interior
Aftermarket stereo/speakers

Bad:
Rust on body (underside is fairly clean- coated at one time but now flaking)
Cooling issues
Matching spare rim but no tire.
Power steering leak
Couple trans pan bolts broke and need redone
Needs exhaust and 02 sensors
Rear wiper does not work/removed
Sliding door handle broken

More photos here:
http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt314/PartTimeMI/89ToyotaVan/

·
Registered
202 Posts
free bump...

my buddy in years back had one of these (but with windows) it was really an awesome ride, although in 95 it looked as rusty as this one.
thing was as indestructible as it was funny lookin.
glws!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
free bump...

my buddy in years back had one of these (but with windows) it was really an awesome ride, although in 95 it looked as rusty as this one.
thing was as indestructible as it was funny lookin.
glws!
Thanks! I just added more pics of the interior and underside of van on photobucket. They are in pretty good condition. Speakers, amp, sub, cd changer all included!

:nana:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't mean to revive an old thread, but is this still for sale?
Van is still here. More pics of rust and underside uploaded. Underside was undercoated at some point, so minimal surface rust. Muffler pipe has rusted just behind the catalytic converter. Spare tire carrier is still there. No battery at the moment, I'll have to see if I have one that will work from my dd. :drink:

http://s623.photobucket.com/upload/albums/PartTimeMI/?location=89ToyotaVan/NewPicsDec4

·
Deeper than I thought..
703 Posts
Would you be interested in any trades?? I love this van! dont see many of em. I got a DD-able Xj with around 3.5 in. of lift with 33'' super swampers. It would have to be a bit of cash on my end to trade but i love this! If not a trade would you accept $500 or $550 for it?? PM me. Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was on my way over there, apparently the titles lost :( I'd love to have this too! Hopefully will soon.
Yup, after getting the van unloaded and ready for Josh, I went get the title out of the file cabinet.....not there. Oh wait, I had it out when I listed it on egay a while back, it should be in that pile of shit on my desk......not there either. I've been tearing apart the office/house looking for it, but it is probably a victim of my wife's 'cleaning'. :poke: Next step if not found today, contact the bmv for replacement. I'll keep you guys updated as to what's happening. Thanks for the recent interest.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
I wish I still had the site. I sold one a few years ago to a guy from NY who is in a club that collects the old toy vans. There are clubs all over the US. Look on line there is even a forum for them. I would If I had time get it then divorce it and add a d-30 and some 33's. LOL
Bump for fun Van.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts