Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No longer complete. The exhaust manifolds, intake, carb, and alternator bracketry shown in the pictures are gone. Input I have received is that the flexplate appears to be for a Borg-Warner automatic from an AMC car, but I don't know for certain.

I have other items that can be bundled with this at additional cost:
  • If you're going to run a manual, you may need one of Bulltear's naval brass pilot bushings for centering flywheels on 71-down cranks. I have one of these (unused) on the shelf.
  • I have another used Holley carb that is basically identical to the one that used to be on the motor (shown), except the remaining one has an electric choke.
  • I have two different AMC V8 HEI distributors with 8mm wires.
  • I have a variety of NIB intakes, such as a polished Edelbrock RPM Air Gap, a Mopar M1, and an Offenhauser dual-quad. I also have a used Torker.

Did not see/hear this one run, but clean/non-gunky under the covers and no mechanical obstructions upon rotation. I pulled the intake off recently and it looks pretty good under there as well, with evidence that is has been apart before (assume it is not still on the factory build). Correct casting for 1970, correct crank style, and the correct 52cc 291C cylinder heads. You'll also notice that the factory spark plug wire loom tabs are still intact on the valve covers.

$350 + shipping. Available immediately. Cash, PayPal, or USPS Money Order only. No other money orders. First come, first served based on receipt of payment.

SOLD.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bell and input are the important parts. The T-98 is the predecessor to the T-18 and there's some compatibility there, so that would probably be the route to take when you research this. I suggest starting with the Novak site and reading about T-98's and T-18's there. It'll have the input shaft dimensions.

·
Terminator 2
1,158 Posts
Spro,
Forwarded this to a buddy and he may give you a call.

Greg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts