Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any water cooler talk start yet???

Any 'what the fuck is happening to my 401k'?

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
that reminds me, I need to do something with my old 401k

·
Direct Drive FTW
2,454 Posts
Invest in the one true universal currency that always has potential to increase your wealth.

Ammunition

·
Bananarama!
14,144 Posts
Everyone wonders why I don't invest more heavily in my 401 and why I don't have an IRA... It's because I have absolutely no faith in our financial system and would rather be able to buy shit than watch my fake money evaporate.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Everyone wonders why I don't invest more heavily in my 401 and why I don't have an IRA... It's because I have absolutely no faith in our financial system and would rather be able to buy shit than watch my fake money evaporate.
yup...

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,101 Posts
In times of uncertainty, you will never lose money on a CD. Note; I did not say you will make a lot either. But your account will not dwindle.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,101 Posts
Not true. A CD is federally insured. We've got a lot of tin foil going on if you think all the banks and the feds are not going to honor insured savings. That's a far different animal than uninsured investments in the stock market.

Could the bank go bankrupt? Yes
Could the feds refuse to insure the investments? Yes
Is it a high risk compared to the others? No

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
I just reinvested in my 401k ($2.00) so far it's worth $900,000,000. Just hope it doesn't get raided again. Seems to be an ongoing problem. :/

1 - 20 of 182 Posts