Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a great job fall in their lap while they were employed happily somewhere?

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
I have verbally committed to another job, that should go through shortly.

I have posted enough over the last 11 months as to why I have been looking elsewhere - enough so, that bill called me out individually on it :)

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts

I have posted enough over the last 11 months as to why I have been looking elsewhere - enough so, that bill called me out individually on it :)
Hey RosieRyeBread, we don't know what your talking about.:tonka:

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts

You posted something about a job??

odd, didn't notice.

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
My old company closed their office in Grand Rapids, last Summer...........Had a call the very next day from another company. Now I have a new office and I'm only 8 miles from work.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,765 Posts
Long story short Yes, but No. I applied to a company but got a f'off and die letter (foad for you college folk). I was down at pig gig I got a phone call from them again saying they wanted me to apply for another job, well it was more like they wanted the paperwork before they gave me a call. Turns out they just wanted my paperwork because they already had a offer together.

The no part comes from the fact that I didn't have a job yet and had actually used pig gig time to go interview with another job (what a waste of time that was). Knowing what I know now I would have never wasted my time like that while I was at pig gig. I know what a waste.

·
The Biohazards
4,147 Posts
were employed happily somewhere?
That's awesome. If I may ask, what got you to switch? % pay more, hated old job, ???
if he disliked his old job he would not have said yes to the first question...

I think the deciding factor is I am his new boss and since he and I have slept together in the past he thinks it will work to his advantage...

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not necessarily. I like my present job, but that doesn't mean i wouldn't jump ship if the conditions were better elsewhere.

·
propane evangelist
798 Posts
I was approached by another company last week on Wed and turned my two weeks in at my current job on Thursday. They offered more money, better benefits and they are non-automotive. I couldn't say no.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts