Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,527 Posts
I changed my screen name at the request of my employer, transferred to NC. The company was so told a private equity firm that liquidated assets. Plant closed and I was transferred to another department that was terrible. I quit there and joined Magnitude Suspension and Mast Motorsports. I just bought a how house in Texas and will be moving there soon. Still build Transmissions that have one KOH 3 times in 2 different classes. I should change my screen name back to Tranny Tom.... does @clarkstoncracker still handle that?
Great to hear about all of your successes'. I have asked you tranny questions over the years and you always gave me good advice. THANK YOU!!!

Hopefully I will be building my 4l60 to hold more power down the road and will probably bother you again if you are around....lol

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,158 Posts
I changed my screen name at the request of my employer, transferred to NC. The company was so told a private equity firm that liquidated assets. Plant closed and I was transferred to another department that was terrible. I quit there and joined Magnitude Suspension and Mast Motorsports. I just bought a how house in Texas and will be moving there soon. Still build Transmissions that have one KOH 3 times in 2 different classes. I should change my screen name back to Tranny Tom.... does @clarkstoncracker still handle that?
I hear you even build transmissions for idiots. LOL
I thought you said you were staying in NC. Good move to TX. Your state can succeed from the Union plus you are closer to good wheeling. :)

·
Balls Deep
4,558 Posts
I hear you even build transmissions for idiots. LOL
I thought you said you were staying in NC. Good move to TX. Your state can succeed from the Union plus you are closer to good wheeling. :)
He gives out tranny jobs to anyone. We just got one from him a couple days ago!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
Yooper In Training
7,072 Posts
Ah, glamping! I get it then. I've found that many people end up with one kid that really likes to go jeeping and the others aren't as into it. Then they split up and one parent takes the kid and goes jeeping for half the day and the others stay at camp or do something else. The problem of getting it there doesn't go away though.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
My son loved wheeling the few times I've taken him, which actually surprised me a little. The bump seat in the RZR quite literally put him to sleep on the trails, that was pretty funny. He always liked riding in the Jeep on the street, finally got him out wheeling a couple times this year and he had a blast. I expected him to be a bit freaked out but he wasn't at all. He was even with me for my flop and thought it was hilarious. I didn't get any pics of the Jeep on its side but got a good video of him laughing about it. My daughter is still a bit young to take wheeling but she's even more of a tomboy than my son, so I have little doubt she'll like it too. And my wife enjoys it for at least a couple hours at a time, which honestly is plenty for me too, so no reason I couldn't take the whole family with me if I equip the vehicle for it.....which is entirely possible. I go back and forth on it. Part of me no longer enjoys working on it, but I do enjoy the end results of the process. And I know if I sell it I'll never have something like this again, so why not enjoy it? But the money could be used for plenty of other things, so who knows. I talk myself in circles about it multiple times a week. That's been happening for years, but these days I do seem to have more reasons to get rid of it than to keep it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I haven't been here in awhile not a long time member signed up when I moved back to Michigan to check out local events. It was slow back when I joined it looks pretty much dead around here there looks to be some active builds going but not many. I just stopped in to see if there was a thread for the snofari never been on it but sounded like a good time nothing on it here seems its on FB like most things are now I don't use FB very much belong to a few groups and use market place I have used the classifieds here before seems pretty slow in there also. I was on alaska4x4network which is now gone and use to be active on pirate which has slowed down some have moved over to irate4x4 you may want to stop in and check it out its fairly active compared to most forums. Well I'll catchup again in 6 mon. or a year from now might post some junk for sale or maybe not taker easy

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,266 Posts
I'm still here from time to time. Sadly between Glamping and boating the off road toy got left behind. My work schedule is every other weekend off in the summer time and by the time I drag a 35ft 5th wheel around the state a half dozen times summers are shot. its bad enough I have to haul the pontoon with a 2nd vehicle to most camping places as we always try to camp on a lake of some sort. I will give it another 3-4 years and we will be done camping for a while then I can cut the axles off of the rotted ass explorer body and find something else to put them under and perhaps use it a half a dozen times a year. Or I just buy a 6 seat UTV and sell the dang thing entirely.

·
Gustafson
9,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
^^^^ Camping and boating are my primaries now as well. I live a mile from Lake St. Clair, so it makes boating a much more convenient hobby.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts