Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

Durango-space-division
I've just been lurking. I've been posting my build thread stuff over on irate, gets more activity over there. 馃し

Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
Still checking in from time to time

Gustafson
Discussion Starter #84
If y'all are lurking, log on and post, it would make a huge difference.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Yooper In Training
I still check in and occasionally respond to stuff, but there are so many dead threads it usually seems kind of pointless. The new format still doesn't really bug me enough to keep me away, it's just the lack of content, discussion, and bickering that doesn't bring me back as frequently.

I'm not old, honest...
I still check in and occasionally respond to stuff, but there are so many dead threads it usually seems kind of pointless. The new format still doesn't really bug me enough to keep me away, it's just the lack of content, discussion, and bickering that doesn't bring me back as frequently.
ditto. So many people are gone that it's lost it's appeal. Actually uploading pics has become easier, which was one of my theories of why forums died. I honestly don't know where everyone went. Are they on FB, IG, Twitter or some other place? Or have they just migrated away from social media?

Facebook is easy but mindless. But I spend more time browsing there than anywhere else. Pirate is dead but replaced by Irate4x4 but is really the same old people being keyboard warriors but the tech stuff is not really there. I had hoped that rockcrawler.com would take off. Woody and Rich know their stuff but it hasn't gotten traction.

I've made changes and bought stuff but haven't really cared about posting it. :yawn:

...but yeah.
Facebook mostly, and other places.

I don't think many new people really get into it either?

All about Angry eyes and light bars now!

:(

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Gustafson
Discussion Starter #89
Sadly, you are all probably right. I no longer have my Jeep, and with my busy schedule and kids in the mix now, I don't plan on getting another anytime soon. If anything, a boat is in my future more than another wheeler. I still stay because I like a lot of the people (which are now gone) and the comradery.

Registered
ditto. So many people are gone that it's lost it's appeal. Actually uploading pics has become easier, which was one of my theories of why forums died. I honestly don't know where everyone went. Are they on FB, IG, Twitter or some other place? Or have they just migrated away from social media?

Facebook is easy but mindless. But I spend more time browsing there than anywhere else. Pirate is dead but replaced by Irate4x4 but is really the same old people being keyboard warriors but the tech stuff is not really there. I had hoped that rockcrawler.com would take off. Woody and Rich know their stuff but it hasn't gotten traction.

I've made changes and bought stuff but haven't really cared about posting it. :yawn:
I'm so far out of touch I didn't know Irate4x4 was a thing, I thought everyone was just typo'ing lol.

I steadily post along in my little build thread. I have a fairly substantial social media following, and still hate social media lol.

Yooper In Training
Sadly, you are all probably right. I no longer have my Jeep, and with my busy schedule and kids in the mix now, I don't plan on getting another anytime soon. If anything, a boat is in my future more than another wheeler. I still stay because I like a lot of the people (which are now gone) and the comradery.
I still have my Jeep, but I often wonder why. Family and camping are now what I enjoy, and when I do work on something it's usually major house and yard projects, which I enjoy more than fabrication these days. I love my Jeep, but with how little I've been using it there's a serious chance I'll sell it in the near future. And the fact that I rarely even miss using it tells me a lot about my priorities these days.

Balls Deep
I still have my Jeep, but I often wonder why. Family and camping are now what I enjoy, and when I do work on something it's usually major house and yard projects, which I enjoy more than fabrication these days. I love my Jeep, but with how little I've been using it there's a serious chance I'll sell it in the near future. And the fact that I rarely even miss using it tells me a lot about my priorities these days.
Real question, Why aren't you family camping WITH the Jeep?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Yooper In Training
Real question, Why aren't you family camping WITH the Jeep?

A) can't tow a 30' bumper pull and a 1 ton TJ. It's glamping, not camping. I love actual rustic tent camping too, but with 2 little kids and 2 dogs, this is convenient.
B) my whole family can't currently fit in the Jeep, and I don't feel like cutting it in half to remedy that
C) camping is the only time I just sit on my ass. Any other time I've got work, or projects, or god knows what, so that's my time to just grow roots and relax. I don't need things to do while I do nothing.

Gustafson
Discussion Starter #95
A) can't tow a 30' bumper pull and a 1 ton TJ. It's glamping, not camping. I love actual rustic tent camping too, but with 2 little kids and 2 dogs, this is convenient.
B) my whole family can't currently fit in the Jeep, and I don't feel like cutting it in half to remedy that
C) camping is the only time I just sit on my ass. Any other time I've got work, or projects, or god knows what, so that's my time to just grow roots and relax. I don't need things to do while I do nothing.
LMFAO!!! I almost answered on your behalf, but thought better of it because I don't really know you. BUT.... This is almost exactly what I was going to say.....hahaha :LOL:

Yooper In Training
LMFAO!!! I almost answered on your behalf, but thought better of it because I don't really know you. BUT.... This is almost exactly what I was going to say.....hahaha :LOL:
:LOL:馃嵒

Registered
I've been into camping a lot in the past few years also, I flat tow my wheeler and sleep in the truck camper.

I only have two little dogs though

Balls Deep
Ah, glamping! I get it then. I've found that many people end up with one kid that really likes to go jeeping and the others aren't as into it. Then they split up and one parent takes the kid and goes jeeping for half the day and the others stay at camp or do something else. The problem of getting it there doesn't go away though.

Because racecar
I changed my screen name at the request of my employer, transferred to NC. The company was sold a private equity firm that liquidated assets. Plant closed and I was transferred to another department that was terrible. I quit there and joined Magnitude Suspension and Mast Motorsports. I just bought a how house in Texas and will be moving there soon. Still build Transmissions that have one KOH 3 times in 2 different classes. I should change my screen name back to Tranny Tom.... does @clarkstoncracker still handle that?

Gustafson
Discussion Starter #100
Tranny Tom!! Haha, great to see that you are still around!

81 - 100 of 108 Posts