Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't see what's so wrong with the layout that has everyone up and leaving. still better than facebook threads and tech. sure, it doesn't look like an early 2000s webpage anymore, but frig.

Guilty for being a long time lurker here.... so i wasn't much help

·
N8KVB
4,390 Posts
It loads slow as a MF on my laptop is my largest complaint.... I haven't and likely wont ever attempt to access forums of any kind on my phone.

·
Semper Fidelis
4,541 Posts
Every time i drive by Big E's sports bar in midland i think about this place. I do miss the good ol days. Plus all the stuff i bought and sold over the years.
Same, and i drive by every other week...

·
Gustafson
9,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Weiners

Edit: why am I a premium member? I am not premium.
:LOL:

Dude, where have you been? I haven't seen you on here in forever. Glad you're still alive...haha

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
All forums are dead, it's just the way it is.

You can go to Pirate, The Corral, CK5, hell, I have 20k posts on a 1/18 scale mini RC forum.. They all have the same complaint, no traffic, people are gone.

I generally only come on here to buy or sell anymore. Its way easier to scroll Facebook on my phone.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,005 Posts
I'm still here.

Reactions: aber61

·
Gustafson
9,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I'm still here too, and making an effort, but I feel like we are one of the few anymore.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Yup it's really quiet around here. I was thinking its mostly because its summer and people are outside doing stuff but it's like nobody is posting at all.

·
Gustafson
9,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Yup it's really quiet around here. I was thinking its mostly because its summer and people are outside doing stuff but it's like nobody is posting at all.
Things always slowed around here in the summer, but not to the point where we have only 4 new posts the whole day.

Not cool.

·
Gustafson
9,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
All forums are dead, it's just the way it is.

You can go to Pirate, The Corral, CK5, hell, I have 20k posts on a 1/18 scale mini RC forum.. They all have the same complaint, no traffic, people are gone.

I generally only come on here to buy or sell anymore. Its way easier to scroll Facebook on my phone.
You seemed to be fairly active around here until the last year or less. I haven't noticed you on in a while. Glad to see you are still around.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,429 Posts
As bad as some of us want the forums to come back or keep going, it just seems like the big platforms are killing the forums....

·
Gustafson
9,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
As bad as some of us want the forums to come back or keep going, it just seems like the big platforms are killing the forums....
Hopefully they turn around. Hopefully once the weather turns we see an uptick in traffic.

·
Premium Member
4,991 Posts
Forums just aren’t the most convenient option anymore. Plus I get on here like 10 times a year anymore and I can get caught up in like 30 mins. It is unfortunate but I just don’t see it going back to how it was. I can’t complain about the format because I’ve used Tapatalk for years now, pretty much since it was an option.

·
SlowBalt SS
2,493 Posts
Holy Shit! Actually got my password right the first time.

I think its easier for people to find information on there phone vs a computer has an impact on traffic..

41 - 60 of 63 Posts