Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,462 Posts
You guys should really join Facebook, from what my woman described it it’s just what’s yas need. You’re treating this site like it
All forumns are dying if not already dead, people grow up and move on from the sport and young people are just not into it if they are they’re in a sxs
The political talk has killed this site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Facebook :sonicjay:

Facebook pages are a joke. They're all full of 3 kinds of people 1) people that ask the same questions as 1,000 other people, and get offended when told to search it 2) people that ask simple easily google-able questions and get offended when told to do so 3) people question a tech, have no idea themselves, and tell you you're wrong because they read another facebook post.

There's maybe 1 in 100 people on Facebook groups that are actually useful and ok to chat with. Facebook is the epicenter of the type of people I explained above that ruined the internet for everyone else.

·
Gustafson
9,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Facebook :sonicjay:

There's maybe 1 in 100 people on Facebook groups that are actually useful and ok to chat with. Facebook is the epicenter of the type of people I explained above that ruined the internet for everyone else.
I heard this a long time ago.

I don't do facebook, never have and never will.

·
Fire fire!
2,569 Posts
You guys should really join Facebook, from what my woman described it it’s just what’s yas need. You’re treating this site like it
All forumns are dying if not already dead, people grow up and move on from the sport and young people are just not into it if they are they’re in a sxs
The political talk has killed this site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've been on FB forever it seems. But, Like most this was a great place to meet people and talk about the off roading world. Makes me sad that this place has died like this. Would love to figure a way to liven it up again. It was always fun to read a lot of the crazy post and all the wheeling events going on and things. It's almost like time has passed me by and I'm still living in the past lol

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,106 Posts
Coming from a guy who joined way after the heyday. Lol. This site always had politics. It’s sad that now it’s the only thing left.
Like others have said, the info, knowledge and chatter on this site from 2005-2012 were unbelievable. It’s gone forever and for that I am sad.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Sadly, I was hopeful it would get better for a while, and it seems like it did, but then this change in format came a long and I think that's going to really take it way down.

Look at the new posts since it's changed. No one is coming here. It makes me very sad.T his place was like a family for me.

This right here.

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
slow day at work (from home for the past 7 years when not travelling for work) and I stumble across old forum credentials in an e-mail I don't use much anymore, and see this as the first post on this forum that's not 30 days old give or take.

back when I had a Jeep, I didn't wheel much, so never met most of y'all in real life, then sold it, kids got into travel baseball, new job with lots of west coast travel and other #lifehappens moments which I suspect happened to a lot of folks.

·
Full taste of tender
5,373 Posts
This is the first time I have logged in in several years, and I was wondering the same thing....I think forums across the board have fizzled out, and other things have taken its place. You need to research or teach yourself something... go to YouTube or Google your heart out. You need to feel connected or criticize someone to feel like an internet badass.... go to a Facebook group. You need to sell/buy something.... go to FB marketplace, Craigslist or Ebay (even that is getting a little rare these days). Whats sad is the lack of rapport and sense of family you would get from close knit forums like Michigan Jeepers and gl4x4. Most social media driven groups don't have the same personal feeling, they're just too big and people are weird these days. I feel super nostalgic and sad now :(

·
Balls Deep
4,551 Posts
Leanz, you're still alive? I heard you got eaten by a chupacabra.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
To Live is To Die
2,913 Posts
You nailed it Leanz.
Plus this new format absolutely blows!

And they deleted the itrader too huh?

·
Skymaster
2,517 Posts
I've always been more of a lurker but I'm still holding on lol. New format doesn't bother me too much. I did miss a pm for a couple hours because there wasn't a pop-up as soon as you're on the page. Noticed the orange dot up top and figured it out.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Every time i drive by Big E's sports bar in midland i think about this place. I do miss the good ol days. Plus all the stuff i bought and sold over the years.

·
Balls Deep
4,551 Posts
Bahaha, I heard Big E's Sports Bar and Grille in Midland has mad rats in their kitchen! Heard it from a reliable source too, right here on the GL4x4 forum!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
Gustafson
9,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Glad to see a few more old faces posted while I was on vacation.... Also glad to see Leanz is still alive.

Every time I hear Big E's Sports Bar and Grille in Midland I can't help but laugh. Even after all these years that story still makes me chuckle. :LOL:

·
N8KVB
4,390 Posts
This layout sucks, All forums are doomed and many of the smaller ones I used to frequent are just gone now. It makes me sad thinking back at how mega awesome this place used to be, wrench fests were the best, and got to meet many members from here that way!!!

·
Gustafson
9,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
This layout sucks, All forums are doomed and many of the smaller ones I used to frequent are just gone now. It makes me sad thinking back at how mega awesome this place used to be, wrench fests were the best, and got to meet many members from here that way!!!
I agree.

Since the format change this place has slowed down a lot too. Of course some of that could be attributed to summer, which always seems a bit slower, but still...

21 - 40 of 63 Posts