Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
aka MrDrift
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, they didn't just fall into my lap, but I got them cheap and almost new 75-80% tread or so. Right now I have a 2.5" RE lift and 31's. I mocked them up and they will definitely rub bad right now. I plan on doing flatty tube front fenders and bushwackers in the rear with the tub cut. So I think that gets me about 1" in the rear (never seen one cut out), and plenty in the front.

So should I:

1) Just slap on a 1" or 2" body lift and call it a day (Low CG style)

2) SYE/Driveshaft and a 1 1/4" shackle lift and maybe a 1" body lift too

3) Something I haven't though of yet

Any help would be appreciated :). I'm open to most anything under 1k, which is about my budget. The pics are with the 31's and the 34's mocked up.

Attachments

·
LS Powered
825 Posts
I took my stock flares off. I started off building my jeep around the tires, bought tires first, then lift. without the flares it gives it more of a vintage look, I reinstalled the side markers into the front fenders to cover up the hole.

·
10 0011 10101
2,336 Posts
I'd do a 1" body lift, flat fenders and trim the rear till they fit. You can do shackles, too, if you need more lift. I'm a big fan of the largest possible tire with the least amount of lift- that's what bumpstops are for.

edit* or buy this guys springs, and just trim: 2.5" OME YJ kit

·
aka MrDrift
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd do a 1" body lift, flat fenders and trim the rear till they fit. You can do shackles, too, if you need more lift. I'm a big fan of the largest possible tire with the least amount of lift- that's what bumpstops are for.

edit* or buy this guys springs, and just trim: 2.5" OME YJ kit
I have a 2.5" Rubicon Express lift already :).

I was definitely thinking just a small body lift + trimming because any more lift and I need a SYE and Driveshaft.

Will a body lift plus my T-Case drop get me in trouble with my shifters or anything?

·
aka MrDrift
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Put some TJ flares on it and the 1 inch body lift. TJ flares will let you trim in the front and the rear.
ooh, I forgot about that! That should be a cheaper solution. How much more do the TJ flares allow you to trim?

·
aka MrDrift
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In the top pic with the 36's, what flare holes are drilled in the rear of the tub? Just curious, it looks like you could still run flares even with the amount of trimming you did. I just don't want to cut the wheel well with out flares because if I take too much off I can't run flares in the future. The wife isn't too keen on the flare-less look either. I think the TJ flares in the rear are a good Idea, I should be able to find a set on the forum, and still do the flattys in the front.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
In the top pic with the 36's, what flare holes are drilled in the rear of the tub? Just curious, it looks like you could still run flares even with the amount of trimming you did. I just don't want to cut the wheel well with out flares because if I take too much off I can't run flares in the future. The wife isn't too keen on the flare-less look either. I think the TJ flares in the rear are a good Idea, I should be able to find a set on the forum, and still do the flattys in the front.
those were the holes holding the tj flare on, I ended up doing s bit more trimming but you probably could have still ran a tj flare.

·
aka MrDrift
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, so far I got away with just taking the rear flares off. They only rub after I flex over 12 inches. I'm going to pick up some TJ flares and cut a little and do the 1" Body lift. Should be sweet!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.