Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Obama Nation!
14,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FORECAST: CHRYSLER WON’T SURVIVE CRISIS INTACT. Chrysler LLC won’t survive the current economic downturn in its current form, even if it receives federal loans, says Northville, Mich.-based auto forecaster
CSM Worldwide.
Michael Robinet, CSM’s head of global vehicle forecasting,
tells the Automotive Press Assn. in Detroit that a “controlled wind-down of Chrysler is in everybody’s interest.”
He says owner Cerberus Capital Management will probably
be able to sell the company’s most valuable assets, including its minivans, the Jeep brand and the Dodge Ram fullsize pickup truck. The rest of Chrysler’s operations would probably be closed, which could help eliminate some of the industry’s excess capacity in North America.
Chrysler never achieved the international presence
and scale it needed to compete, and former parent Daimler AG starved it of technology, Robinet says. He adds that recent buyouts, including the departure of a quarter of its salaried staff last month, have gutted the company’s product development efforts.
Ford and General Motors have viable turnaround plans and could emerge from the recession as smaller but stronger companies, according to the CSM analysis.
But it warns that their cutbacks—coupled with the demise of most of Chrysler and the resulting overcapacity
in the supply base—could drive as much as 25% of North American suppliers into bankruptcy or liquidation within 18 months.
CSM says the impending restructuring of the domestic
auto industry could eliminate 100,000 supplier jobs in the next two years. It says supplier employment is already down 38% from its peak eight years ago.
CSM also forecasts that:
• U.S. light vehicle sales next year will total 11.5 million units, the lowest level since 1982, and down 12% from this year. CSM notes that domestic automakers are basing their plans on even lower sales estimates.
• Domestic-brand share of the U.S. market could fall to 43%-44% in 2009 vs. just over 47% so far this year.
• By next year, capacity utilization at the three domestic
automakers could plummet to 50%, an unsustainable level. But plant closings could push Ford and GM utilization above 95% by 2013.
• In the near term, imports will rise sharply after demand begins reviving in 2010, reaching more than 4.5 million vehicles in 2011. But after 2012, Asian and European OEMs will add North American capacity. Domestic companies
will become the region’s minority producers by 2014, accounting for 46% of total output.

·
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
5,070 Posts
Meh, I wouldn't be surprised. What's kinda' funny to me about the whole thing is that, if the Big 3 say they need $34 billion to avoid catastrophe and Congress says they can only have $14 billion then aren’t we throwing $14 billion away?

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Congress says, lets give the automakers 25 B

Automakers say OK

Congress says, ummm, nevermind

Automakers say, uhhhh, ok... We need 34 B anyways

Congress says, ok, how about 14 B

:(

·
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
5,070 Posts
Congress says, lets give the automakers 25 B

Automakers say OK

Congress says, ummm, nevermind

Automakers say, uhhhh, ok... We need 34 B anyways

Congress says, ok, how about 14 B

:(
Taxpayers say: " "

(Because we have no say as to where OUR OWN F*&$in' money goes.)

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
yes lets all cry over poorly run businesses

·
Obama Nation!
14,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Someone sent me an email with a Detroit News article saying the same thing as well.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts

·
Obama Nation!
14,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes lets all cry over poorly run businesses
Hi,

Please explain your comment.
I am pretty familiar with the autos, and will say that as manufacturing companies go, the domestics are some of the best manufacturers in the world.

But, I am guessing you have an opinion on the matter, so that is Gospel :thumb:

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
Hi,

Please explain your comment.
I am pretty familiar with the autos, and will say that as manufacturing companies go, the domestics are some of the best manufacturers in the world.

But, I am guessing you have an opinion on the matter, so that is Gospel :thumb:
suck it. oh me, oh my wahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

guess people will have to get off their ass and do something else. I am a bastard as I am sure that chrysler financial would be happy to help me if I lost my job and could not pay my vehicle payment. after all I am sure they would tell me that they could wait until I got back on my feet to start paying again. I am fucking sick of the "manufacturing angle" it's nothing more than a scare tactic to get people to buy into the government loan.

nothing is forever. not you, not me, not any business. be pissed off if you like. you are the fucking cocksucker who self-proclaims that everyones opinions are failed or "the gospel" in some sort of lame attempt to look like an online prophet. I bet if I posted this same concept you would stroke your chin and make some witty comment to massage your self esteem. get a life. its a car company. they aren't doing anything important like curing cancer. are they important? maybe. non-expendable? hardly.

you are exactly what is the problem with america save it no matter how much of a failure it is.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts

guess people will have to get off their ass and do something else. I am a bastard as I am sure that chrysler financial would be happy to help me if I lost my job and could not pay my vehicle payment. after all I am sure they would tell me that they could wait until I got back on my feet to start paying again. I am fucking sick of the "manufacturing angle" it's nothing more than a scare tactic to get people to buy into the government loan.

nothing is forever. not you, not me, not any business. be pissed off if you like. you are the fucking cocksucker who self-proclaims that everyones opinions are failed or "the gospel" in some sort of lame attempt to look like an online prophet. get a life. its a car company. they aren't doing anything important like curing cancer. are they important? maybe. non-expendable? hardly.

you are exactly what is the problem with america save it no matter how much of a failure it is.
Ugh, not this bullshit again. Save your fucking whining for another thread.

·
Obama Nation!
14,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

nothing is forever. not you, not me, not any business. be pissed off if you like. you are the fucking cocksucker who self-proclaims that everyones opinions are failed or "the gospel" in some sort of lame attempt to look like an online prophet. get a life. its a car company. they aren't doing anything important like curing cancer. are they important? maybe. non-expendable? hardly.

Please find me one quote where I said save them (any of the D3).

I have not.

I have posted what could happen if any of them fail (cost to tax payers via medicare/caid and welfare programs).

I have also posted on how strong they are as manufacturers. I have had the good fortune to visit over 100 car/powertrain plants around the world. I have seen first hand who is good and who is bad.

But please, go on using your opinions as discussions :thumb:

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,455 Posts

nothing is forever. not you, not me, not any business. be pissed off if you like. you are the fucking cocksucker who self-proclaims that everyones opinions are failed or "the gospel" in some sort of lame attempt to look like an online prophet. I bet if I posted this same concept you would stroke your china and make some witty comment to massage your self esteem. get a life. its a car company. they aren't doing anything important like curing cancer. are they important? maybe. non-expendable? hardly.

Quit beating around the bush and tell us what you really think!!!

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
Quit beating around the bush and tell us what you really think!!!
I cannot. it will get misconstrued as whining and fact versus opinion.

I have stated before that I have family involved in the b3 and I feel no remorse for them. I have a bit of respect as they are sticking to their guns
even if the ship sinks.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 133 Posts