Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
O.G.
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of last school year, I told my school that I was interested in moving to a new position. My boss said fine, we will call you in for an interview. So, in August they call me in, and I interview for a new classroom that is being opened up. I found out today at our first meeting of the year that I did not get the new classroom, and tht they had filled my old position.

My boss is going to look at the budget and see what she can work so that I stay on the staff, because she does not want me to go to another school district.

I think it is time to update my resume.

·
O.G.
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so when u told them u wanted to apply for a new postion..u got fired from the old one?
Not really. I work for the I.S.D. here in Livingston County, and I had the summer off.

But know that I think about it, I was kinda fired.

·
Fancy Lady
3,211 Posts
A Head Start teacher.
Just wondering. (My mother and all of her wacky friends work for Holly Area Schools. She's a social worker, I know they were looking for another special ed teacher) Not trying to poke fun :thumb:

·
Hula Girl At Heart
1,556 Posts
Just wondering. (My mother and all of her wacky friends work for Holly Area Schools. She's a social worker, I know they were looking for another special ed teacher) Not trying to poke fun :thumb:

they need another social worker????? One of these years I'll actually get hired by a school district (I hope) so I can change my "temporary school social work certification" into a "full".... oops, I guess I was a bit off topic, huh?

BTW, Tie, sorry to hear about that. I think you have grounds for recourse if you never gave notice and weren't informed of them getting rid of you. Something isn't right here IMO.

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
If your boss gave you the shaft, can't you file a sexual harassment claim? :tonka:

Craig

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
You're a teacher, move out of this godforsaken state!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts