Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
German cars are hot
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I see this ad for skyline debit card where it says you dont need a credit check. I dont understand, I know that credit unions check your credit before you can join but do other banks? Why not just open a bank account and have your direct deposit done there? :confused:

·
Me balls are huge
2,543 Posts
They exists to help losers restore their credit. They do so by having you deposit $500 in their account, and they then give you $500 in credit, with your cash backing up the deal.

·
German cars are hot
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They exists to help losers restore their credit. They do so by having you deposit $500 in their account, and they then give you $500 in credit, with your cash backing up the deal.
but they didnt say it was a credit card, they said it was a debit card. Does a debit card affect your credit?:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
It's for people in the ghetto or can't get any type of bank account. They showed people in the commercial lined up at the liquor-check cashing place to cash teh check.

The commercial said you have your check (probably state or ss) direct deposited to an account set up through them, and can spend your money using the debit card.

I wish I would've thought of that. I bet they're making a killing off of fees.

·
German cars are hot
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's for people in the ghetto or can't get any type of bank account. They showed people in the commercial lined up at the liquor-check cashing place to cash teh check.

The commercial said you have your check (probably state or ss) direct deposited to an account set up through them, and can spend your money using the debit card.

I wish I would've thought of that. I bet they're making a killing off of fees.
okay, so they must be more careful than a bank.
How can you not get a bank account. that is the part that confuses me still.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
If you owe another bank money.

Say you open a checking/savings and receive a debit card. If you overdraft the hell out of the account (your card will authorize whether the funds are there or not - until a certain point)), you will be unable to go to the next bank and rip them off as well.

Short answer = Bad credit.

·
Hula Girl At Heart
1,556 Posts
so, let's get to the more important question....why were you home during the day and was it Montel or Tyra that you were watching??? :tonka:

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
so, let's get to the more important question....why were you home during the day and was it Montel or Tyra that you were watching??? :tonka:
That commercial comes on during the judge shows too, but only on Fox2.

I also like the Sam Bernstein commercial with his kids in it, his one son has a real bad lazy eye, but all three look like they're missing a chromosome.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
I also like the Sam Bernstein commercial with his kids in it, his one son has a real bad lazy eye, but all three look like they're missing a chromosome.
Hahaha! :sonicjay: I thought the same thing. They aren't getting laid for their looks thats for sure.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,754 Posts
okay, so they must be more careful than a bank.

Not really. When I was in Minnesota last year TCF bank had the same kind of deal, and most of the stores out there had signs that said "do not accept TCF Checks/Cards". Seems that most people who would get an account would spend over their limit and screw the store somehow. I can imagine because of its broadcast area you won't see signs like I did in the twin cities.

·
German cars are hot
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was not feeling well and Mikey was really sick. I cant believe he went to work today. I was watching the judge shows I think. I was only half paying attention because I was working from home too. :tonka:

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
I was not feeling well and Mikey was really sick. I cant believe he went to work today. I was watching the judge shows I think. I was only half paying attention because I was working from home too. :tonka:
Do you want me to come over and make you some soup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts