Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am posting this from a letter I recieved earlier today. if anyone can help him out it would be a very nice gesture. the best I can afford is to post this for him.

Hello,

I am the pastor of a church in IONIA that is in the market for a plow truck. We have 2 lots and we are tired of waiting for our plowers that always seem to come a day too late.

I hope I will not offend you with this e-mail...it is certainly not my intent.

Here is the deal...we are not a wealthy church AT ALL. I am asking what the possibility is of your donating the truck to our church for a TAX DEDUCTION for the amount or perhaps more than what you are asking. We are a 501c3 non-profit religious organization and have been in existence for almost 75 years.

If we get right on this (if it is agreeable to you it would be able to be applied to your 2008 tax situation.

This is our website http://www.iserv.net/~labc/ so you can see that we are a real thing...not some internet scam.
I would be delighted to come and meet you in person...Here is my cell # 616 706-(Pm Yetti for the rest)

Again, please do not be offended at my strange request. I am looking to try to get my church out of a jam, as it were. We really need a plow truck. It is a serious need for us. We could not even hold services last Sunday due to the fact that our lots did not get plowed until MONDAY afternoon.

I hope to hear from you...if not, I understand and do not blame you, as this is very strange, I am sure. It is the first time I have EVER asked for help like this for our church in the almost 15 years that I have been the pastor, here.
This truck would NOT be used to make money...only to help our church and a few elderly people IN our church who cannot afford a plow for their drive.

Thanks you for your time and consideration.

Dr. Darren M. Tharp, Pastor
Lincoln Ave. Baptist Church
Ionia, MI

1 - 1 of 1 Posts