Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any spectating info/tips? We are coming down from the UP and were wondering if it's possible to follow the stages on snowmobiles, etc. I tried the SnoDrift website but there is no info posted on spectating.

·
numero douce undela
2,543 Posts
When the cars fly by, try getting your face as close to a fender as possible. It really gets your blood flowing

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Here you go figured you could use something to keep your mind off of that other stuff going on with you right now :) This comes from my buddy who has raced in 5+ SnoDrifts and LSPR's.

"The short answer is no, you can not follow the stages on snowmobiles. When the stages are "hot" they are closed to the public, you would have to wait until the stages are opened back up to the public, which will be well after the last rally car.
Check http://www.rally-america.com/events/2009/SnoDrift/ for more info on where to go at the rally.
Dave"

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here you go figured you could use something to keep your mind off of that other stuff going on with you right now :) This comes from my buddy who has raced in 5+ SnoDrifts and LSPR's.

"The short answer is no, you can not follow the stages on snowmobiles. When the stages are "hot" they are closed to the public, you would have to wait until the stages are opened back up to the public, which will be well after the last rally car.
Check http://www.rally-america.com/events/2009/SnoDrift/ for more info on where to go at the rally.
Dave"
Thanks. We were looking for an excuse to ride but if it's easier in a vehicle then we will take that. I'm familiar with the spectating process. I go to the last round in Houghton every year. I was hoping to find some specific info on the better places and stages to spectate. The SnoDrift website doesn't have any info on spectating. It just says "more info to come in Jan 09".

·
Floor Shift Maddness!
1,372 Posts
is this the event going on in atlanta in a few weeks?

if so me and a few friends are going to check it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts