Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Swamp Stomper
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody with a diesel running a edge - juice programmer? What do you think of it? I was looking at them and thought that the tubro timer option would be good to have as well as the display for EGT's and trans temp. Most people that I know are running banks stuff, so I can't get a opinion other then "just get the banks stuff".

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,532 Posts
Not sure what kind of truck you have??? The other guys have recommended diesel forums, I agree that is the way to study it. That said, You need to consider alot of stuff. Bank$ is normaly thought to be overpriced for what it does. Is your tranny going to handle the power, etc...? Edge stuff is normaly pretty good stuff though.

·
Gotta love the BS
422 Posts
I also dont know what kind of truck you have. but if you have a ford, from what i have read and been told is that edge juice is more for the 6.0 than the 7.3 and the evolution is very nice for the 7.3 it just takes a minute to switch between programs.

Although i have a custom 6 position flip chip so you be better off listening to somebody who runs a juice.

·
Countryboy
1,599 Posts
I also dont know what kind of truck you have. but if you have a ford, from what i have read and been told is that edge juice is more for the 6.0 than the 7.3 and the evolution is very nice for the 7.3 it just takes a minute to switch between programs.

Although i have a custom 6 position flip chip so you be better off listening to somebody who runs a juice.
Yepper I aggree, if you have a 7.3L psd go with a custom flip chip. The edge is ok for the 6.0L but if you got a 7.3L go with custom.

Banks sucks I have heard bad reviews about them. I have heard there customer service sucks as well. From my understand and what I have read about banks. You can get the same stuff for half the cost if you look around for the performance parts you want.

If you have a ford diesel check out www.powerstroke.org

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,532 Posts
If a cummins, I suggest dieseltruckresource.com . I think the smarty is the big deal with the dodge boys at this time. My truck is old, and does not eat chips. Slide the fuel plate forward = more fuel. Let us know what you go with.

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Now this is my kinda thread....

Hrmm...I've seen great success with the edge juice when stacked with a PPE on xtreme...Thats about 400-450HP worth of fuel

The juice alone is a nice lil upgrade for just towing and putzing around town..

Is yours the 6.7L or the 5.9???
This will also make a big difference depending on what is out there for the 6.7....

The common rail 5.9s are commonly modified so you will probably have good success with my above listed suggestions..whatever you do, stay the fuck away from anything bank$

·
Swamp Stomper
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure what kind of truck you have??? The other guys have recommended diesel forums, I agree that is the way to study it. That said, You need to consider alot of stuff. Bank$ is normaly thought to be overpriced for what it does. Is your tranny going to handle the power, etc...? Edge stuff is normaly pretty good stuff though.
I have a new 6.7 liter Dodge. I have been looking on some diesel forums, but I haven't found anybody who actually had a edge- juice. What I found was guys with bully dogs said they are the best, guys with smartys said they or the best & so on. I have the new 6 speed auto, which according to DCX is supposed to handle 30% to 40% more torque then the old autos. Which was another thing that I thought was cool about the edge. It supposedly moniters trans slippage and if you have any it's supposed to defuel according to how much slippage you have. My big thing was do the bells and whistles work and work like they are supposed to?

·
Can't lose with 42s
1,055 Posts
Chevy has been doing the defuel on trans slippage since the duramax was introduced...yeah that allison is SO AWESOME

I can't be certain how it monitors trans slippage though...but the cool down timer is a neat feature. I'd attribute 90% of stock turbo failures to them being shut down when hot.... Does it have provisions for EGT, Boost, Fuel Pressure & trans temp? On the older programmers it was called "Edge Juice w/ Attitude monitor" or something...

hope this helps

How does that 6.7 run stock? Have you compared it to a dmax or psd?

·
used to be Ironman
3,215 Posts
Let me know if you want a quote on the Edge with juice, probably can beat any other quote you get.

I have installed several Edge with juice combos but only on Duramax's, these guys are all happy! I had PDQ volumizer on my 5.9 600 series and loved it.

Pat
ironmanoffroad.com

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,532 Posts
h8pvmnt,

Given what I have seen, I would go with the Edge products. I know what you are saying about the way people :chiefwoohaw: about what they have, but I see alot of experianced people going with edge after selling something else.

:usa:

·
Yankabilly
7,945 Posts
Ed I just did an Edge with juice on a new ram with the turbo timer. It ran pretty well. It is pretty much plug and play. Took an hour to install everything. even dying the A pillar mount for the display.

·
Balls Deep
4,558 Posts
im not sure what runs the hardest on a 6.7, but the edges seem to be nice units, and the bells and whisles are cool. i know the 5.9 common rail smartys are badass.

·
Swamp Stomper
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How does that 6.7 run stock? Have you compared it to a dmax or psd?
I work for DCX so I was pretty much getting a dodge no matter what. As far as diesels go, the only diesels I have driven in other then mine have all been dodges, so I don't really have a broad range of comparison. I have been very happy with the truck though, it runs real strong. I'm still a kid with a new toy when I drive it, I love messing with the engine brake.

Pat, if you want to pm me a quote that would be great. I guess what I need is the juice with attitude. According to edge's site the only way to get the turbo timer, EGT backdown, transmission slip protection & other stuff is to get the attitude add-on.

·
done haulin
1,327 Posts
Ed what are you going to do for exhaust and an intercooler?

·
Swamp Stomper
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ed what are you going to do for exhaust and an intercooler?
I can't really change/remove the DPF's, but I did lose the muffler yesterday. From what I've read if your not running shloads of mods changeing the factory intercooler isn't necessary. I've looked at them, but $1200 to $1500 for something I'm not having trouble with is hard for me to justify. Especially since the cherokee hasn't been out since May 2006.

·
done haulin
1,327 Posts
What hp range do you want to run? Do you have any gauges yet? My 6.0L is stock right now but I can still hit 1250 to 1300 with a loaded trailor (9000lb). Just wondering? I can send you a link for some great gauges if you want.

BTW congrats on the new truck! Mike told me about it a month or so ago.

Later, Brian

1 - 20 of 21 Posts