Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
42,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just driving down 8 mile, and I came across a lemonade stand. I looked at the sign, and I thought it said $20.00 per glass.

I turned around, to re-read the sign, and sure enough, it said $20.00/Cup. When I drove up to them, the 7-8 year old told me I could have a glass for 1/2 off because I seemed like a nice guy.

:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

I ended up giving him 20, and it was some damn fine lemonade.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
haha, I got lemonade from a stand in Livonia yesterday.... but it was only 25¢

Location location location I guess. :tonka: Inflation's a bitch.

·
I Ride a Bike
2,336 Posts
dang back in the day of my mothers garage sales, i would have the KoolAid stand at $.25 , i could see $.50 these days, maybe $1 if they were selling pop.

but damn, what do our kids have going through there heads to think $20 for a glass hahahahah..... has to put some fly spinners on his bike to pick up hoes at the playground?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Really though, these kids are just tapping the happening market. Think about how sad it is that all our manufacturing jobs are headed out of Michigan (and some out of the U.S.), then drive past a strip of resturants around dinner time. They are all packed full of lazy slobs that pay too much for crappy food. If I were still a kid, I would get the idea (it is certainly not rocket surgery)....Only way to make money around here is to put together a cheap cup of lemon flavored (cause you know it was mixed from a powder) drink, slap a huge price tag on it and wait for the slackers to roll in. Young entrapranuership at it's best.

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,210 Posts
I was just driving down 8 mile, and I came across a lemonade stand. I looked at the sign, and I thought it said $20.00 per glass.

I turned around, to re-read the sign, and sure enough, it said $20.00/Cup. When I drove up to them, the 7-8 year old told me I could have a glass for 1/2 off because I seemed like a nice guy.

:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

I ended up giving him 20, and it was some damn fine lemonade.
:tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :tonka: :thumb:

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
then drive past a strip of resturants around dinner time. They are all packed full of lazy slobs that pay too much for crappy food
I'd have to disagree with that point.

We eat out probably 5 nights a week...not because we are lazy slobs - but after working 10-12 hours a day, its nice to enjoy a meal with no clean up.

If you can afford to go out to dinner regularly, it doesn't make you a "lazy slob".

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I'd have to disagree with that point.

We eat out probably 5 nights a week...not because we are lazy slobs - but after working 10-12 hours a day, its nice to enjoy a meal with no clean up.

If you can afford to go out to dinner regularly, it doesn't make you a "lazy slob".
x2 my wife works full time as well. With three kids I have resigned to only making home cooked meals 2 maybe 3 times a week max.

Call me a lazy slob i am thinking Quiznos tonight :stan:

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Call me a lazy slob i am thinking Quiznos tonight :stan:
:tonka: I'm thinkin Pizza House or Mongolian BBQ...not sure yet.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
:tonka: I'm thinkin Pizza House or Mongolian BBQ...not sure yet.
:stan3: on Mongolian BBQ we always go to family functions at the one in Auburn Hills because of the big party room. But I f up the mix every time somehow and end up with a big bowl of heartburn :(

Maybe i should :stan3: on getting old instead the shit used to go down alot easier :chauncy:

·
sim sim balla bim
1,542 Posts
dang back in the day of my mothers garage sales, i would have the KoolAid stand at $.25 , i could see $.50 these days, maybe $1 if they were selling pop.

but damn, what do our kids have going through there heads to think $20 for a glass hahahahah..... has to put some fly spinners on his bike to pick up hoes at the playground?
They were thinking, if we could get one sucka we'll be happenin and they did:tonka: :poke:

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
lol.......reminds me back in junior high I would go door to door asking if they needed there driveway cleared. I would have a snowshovel in hand, but down past their house would be my snowblower I'd use to clear the drive and sidewalks @ $20 a pop :d:

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,274 Posts
he charged 20.00 but the government took 17.50 plus he had to buy the pedelers permit........ He had the permit BC

1 - 20 of 20 Posts