Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about taking a new position that would require me to drive to my jobs, rather than fly. Looking at leasing something from the following list, anyone have experience with them?

Jetta
Jetta TDI
Mazda 6
Hyundai Sonata 2014
Legacy
Impreza
Fusion 2.0/2.5
Focus
Scion tC
Civic
Accord
Veloster

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
You are going to lease a car that you are going to drive a lot?

I think I would buy an off lease or former rental whore that is certified so you still get a long power train warranty. I'd stay away from automatic focuses (foci)

Get a Kia optima with a 2.4l, it's more exciting then a sonata and in my opinion better quality.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
I wouldn't touch a ford focus, or any other ford product for that matter.

Just read up on how awesome the transmissions aren't and how well they aren't treating people with problems with them.

It's like the 6.0 diesels all over again.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
I wouldn't touch a ford focus, or any other ford product for that matter.

Just read up on how awesome the transmissions aren't and how well they aren't treating people with problems with them.

It's like the 6.0 diesels all over again.
But....But...they sell so many that these cars must be good. Maybe ford just can't build a car to uphold your driving ability.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
I would go with an econo box Fusion

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
After running some numbers when falling asleep last night, I think I grossly underestimated the number of miles I'd be driving every year. A lease probably wouldn't be a good option, as some of you pointed out. Even if I were only going to Chicago every week, and often it's going to be a lot further than that, I would guess I'd be putting 22k a year on a vehicle.

How would an off lease work, I assume you'd get the remainder of the factory warranty? Also, where would you start looking for one specifically? Do they just go back to the dealers and get sold as CPO cars? I'm still working off the same list I think, although I'll stay away from the focus as you all seem to recommend. The only reason it was on the list at all was that the titanium trim level was affordable, unlike the Fusion version.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
The only reason it was on the list at all was that the titanium trim level was affordable, unlike the Fusion version.
regardless of what make/model you buy, don't buy a top of the line trim value just to pile miles on it.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
regardless of what make/model you buy, don't buy a top of the line trim value just to pile miles on it.
Unless you like a car with options. Then, buy a top of the line trim level so you get the often so convenient things like in dash navigation, leather, heated seats, sunroofs, power windows/locks, remote start, and the other things you might want.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why not? If I've got to drive it 3x a week for 5 hour+ drives I would think you'd want something with options.

Besides, I'm buying something to keep the miles off my CTSV. :D

·
the ocean called
10,281 Posts
That's how I look at it. If I have to do a lot of driving, it might as well be in something comfortable and well optioned.

·
offensive 2 the sensitive
2,853 Posts
I agree, if your going to drive over 15k a year then buy a certified low mile car. If your set on leasing then Chrysler is running a pretty good deal on the 200S this month. Pretty nice cars. If interested let me know, we just got a whole shipment in. Or I have a used low mile 2015 200 that is certified.

·
Hang all the thieves
1,755 Posts
I agree, if your going to drive over 15k a year then buy a certified low mile car. If your set on leasing then Chrysler is running a pretty good deal on the 200S this month. Pretty nice cars. If interested let me know, we just got a whole shipment in. Or I have a used low mile 2015 200 that is certified.
I think he actually wants to reach his destination.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts