Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many listen to XM Radio and what do you like to listen to?

125 for me.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
3,883 Posts
Make sure you're calling to negotiate with those bastards, I consistently sign up for the six month promotion periods for $36.00, They try and tell me they can't every time but I always get Manager approval for them to give me the same rate.

The $20 a month they charge is ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Red Dragons!
1,964 Posts
37-41. And yes, the price is always negotiable, but talking to them on the phone is very painful.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I used to do the whole metal head thing years ago but it would get me bouncing of the walls. I've chilled out a bit over the years. Every now and then i would listen with my nephew when he would work with me.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
I used to do the whole metal head thing years ago but it would get me bouncing of the walls. I've chilled out a bit over the years. Every now and then i would listen with my nephew when he would work with me.
Hard hitting metal, especially black and death, actually put me in a even keel. Thrash, speed, alternative, etc build up my energy/anxiousness
I can listen to almost all types of music, grew up on country and top 40, but only thing that I can't stand is jazz. I never could get my mind wrapped around the whole improvised on the spot thing. I mean if it's improvised how can you repeat it at the next performance? Plus when you get 5 people playing all different "feelings" not all of it is going to mesh with the others so you end up with noise.
Noise, hmm, the same thing people say about my music, "It's just a bunch of noise with a person screaming"
I usually freak people out when I go from Cannibal Corpse to old country Appalachian bluegrass, that old twangy country music.
Something about that twangy music gets me happy. Must be something from my young childhood, my mom was the country music listener

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,439 Posts
Make sure you're calling to negotiate with those bastards, I consistently sign up for the six month promotion periods for $36.00, They try and tell me they can't every time but I always get Manager approval for them to give me the same rate.

The $20 a month they charge is ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
100% the way to go. Been doing this for about 4 years now. Every single time, they give you the run around, or at least try to. Just got to go through the hoops and be like, "well i'd keep it if I had the same price, the speical, it's just too much otherwise".

January was the first time where I flat out told the person "listen, we do this every time, I say I want the special, you say it's no longer available, I say it's too expensive i'll just have to cancel blah blah blah, then eventually we get to me getting the special for another 6 months and we go on. Lets skip all that nonsense, save ourselves like 10 minutes, and be done with it". Person said "well, give me a second......all set".

To the OP...I listen to music mostly, but some other stuff too, no idea what the channel numbes are but this is my current quick save sations: Hits 1, Pop 2k, pop rocks, 90s on 9, Octane, Ozzy's bonyard, Y2county, Comedy Roundup, Highway, Classic Rewind.

I like to think I have a very eclectic taste is music

Reactions: aber61

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hard hitting metal, especially black and death, actually put me in a even keel. Thrash, speed, alternative, etc build up my energy/anxiousness
I can listen to almost all types of music, grew up on country and top 40, but only thing that I can't stand is jazz. I never could get my mind wrapped around the whole improvised on the spot thing. I mean if it's improvised how can you repeat it at the next performance? Plus when you get 5 people playing all different "feelings" not all of it is going to mesh with the others so you end up with noise.
Noise, hmm, the same thing people say about my music, "It's just a bunch of noise with a person screaming"
I usually freak people out when I go from Cannibal Corpse to old country Appalachian bluegrass, that old twangy country music.
Something about that twangy music gets me happy. Must be something from my young childhood, my mom was the country music listener

I get the whole noise thing. Working on job sites I hear everything from mexican music from the drywallers which is ok. My dad listened to that and country all the time. Then we have the rest of the trades that listen to everything you can think of all at the same time. The supervisor on a project in Swartz Creek, a 45,000 sq ft. funeral home there that I was painting on told the guys no music because nobody could agree on what to play and there was 5 to 6 different kinds of music playing. Then I heard his ring tone on his phone one day and started to play his genre of music. We got along great after that. I would for the most part keep my music box close to my work area and not too loud. Guys complained to him that I was playing music but they couldn't. He would just smile and ask if they're done yet.

·
Gustafson
9,085 Posts
I got tired of the constant (painful, as stated earlier) phone calls with them to argue over the price. As much as I enjoyed having it, I really can't justify the expense, especially with working remote.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got tired of the constant (painful, as stated earlier) phone calls with them to argue over the price. As much as I enjoyed having it, I really can't justify the expense, especially with working remote.
If I was home bound like yourself I probably wouldn't have it either. But I am on the road and working everyday so it kinda pays for it. My wife does call in yearly and gets discounted prices to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts