Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CJ5 with the stock roll bar, someone mentioned that without the family bar or additional enclosure in the rear, that rear seat passengers would be required to wear a helmet on the dunes, any one know for sure?
Can't say as I remember paying that much attention. Last time I was there I was in full sized truck, first time in the jeep coming up at the end of the month and want to be prepared.
Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
What you heard was correct. If your cage does not extend over the heads of the rear seated passengers they are required to wear a helmet.

·
too broke to wheel
1,734 Posts
yes that is correct. the dnr made some of our friends get out of the back seat of a cj5 due to the rollbar not covering their heads. apparently they are ok with you turning your rear seat around to face backwards though.

·
Last Free Man
10,836 Posts
yes that is correct. the dnr made some of our friends get out of the back seat of a cj5 due to the rollbar not covering their heads. apparently they are ok with you turning your rear seat around to face backwards though.
True. They require a rollbar behind a person's head, if backseat is turned around the rollbar is behind their heads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts