Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
221 - 235 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
Is the shop done?
Haha, close. Still have one garage door to install, then electrical. I've been working weekends to catch some projects up, and picked up another job that has to be done on weekends, so it's gong to be another 3 weeks before i can work on it again:sonicjay:my tools are all on jobsites right now as well, so it's not even possible to work on it in the evenings...i can't complain about work though, when it's good you gotta take as much as possible because when it's slow I'll need the money to survive:(

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Alright, long time no post in this thread lol. I've got some great news for me. My wife signed me up for the snow snake hill climb. Im gonna give it a go. Then after im pretty sure i will be prepping my pile for RBOR. I'll have roughly 40 days after the hill climb to get some things done. So first plan is to back half it, 4 link rear with coils and smooth bodies. Front will remain the same. Here's where you guys come in, i need help deciding what to do for prep. It would be nice to redo the front too, but I'm not. I have a couple choices, new front coilover shocks from accutune, over i can go with air bumps for the front and rear to control bottoming as much as possible. Shocks and bumps will not be able to happen. Im on a very very limited budget to get this thing going.
Im also curios about seat opinions. I know thre debate has been had time and again, but I'm opening up the discussion here. Suspension or solid? Since its still my trail rig, i need a comfy seat to sit in for hours at a time. I also need it to be safe for racing. It's not going to be super hard core all out racing rig though, and the tracks aren't super harsh, or fast where the suspension seat will hurt me, will it?
Please give me your opinions on things i can do for prep and get this thing ready for season. Thanks

·
Registered
978 Posts
Alright, long time no post in this thread lol. I've got some great news for me. My wife signed me up for the snow snake hill climb. Im gonna give it a go. Then after im pretty sure i will be prepping my pile for RBOR. I'll have roughly 40 days after the hill climb to get some things done. So first plan is to back half it, 4 link rear with coils and smooth bodies. Front will remain the same. Here's where you guys come in, i need help deciding what to do for prep. It would be nice to redo the front too, but I'm not. I have a couple choices, new front coilover shocks from accutune, over i can go with air bumps for the front and rear to control bottoming as much as possible. Shocks and bumps will not be able to happen. Im on a very very limited budget to get this thing going.

Im also curios about seat opinions. I know thre debate has been had time and again, but I'm opening up the discussion here. Suspension or solid? Since its still my trail rig, i need a comfy seat to sit in for hours at a time. I also need it to be safe for racing. It's not going to be super hard core all out racing rig though, and the tracks aren't super harsh, or fast where the suspension seat will hurt me, will it?

Please give me your opinions on things i can do for prep and get this thing ready for season. Thanks
I would go with air bumps at all four corners before replacing front coilovers, especially if you plan on going racing at faster speeds. Coilovers are nice for packaging but I've been in several rigs on coil springs, bypass shocks, and air bumps that ride better than a single coilover setup.

I may have missed it, but is there an issue with your current coilover setup up front? That could change my response I suppose

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
Well, it's been put to pasture... it led a good life, was kind to others, and fully enjoyed being around it's family.
Tire Plant Car Sky Tree

Now it will sit, tireless and sans axles until I'm ready to pull the power trane(and other choice parts) and transplant to a new frame and body... the rest will likely see scrap

Bye bye Silverado, you been good to me

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
Always sad to see a wheeling rig put to rest. Seems like you are building something new. Looking forward to reading about the progress if you post it.

New build started about 2 years ago now lol

Finally going to get some progress on that, wheels will be here Saturday, tires early June... fingers crossed

221 - 235 of 235 Posts