Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
181 - 200 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 · (Edited)
I guess I'll update.
First is some of my emf joints. I had to buy a couple to band aid the upper link, and wanted to change the tie rod ends out.
Then my new tires.
Next is my beadlock kit from mayhem metal works. It's a very nice setup imo. Have two left to finish, then on to the powder coater.
E fans, radiator, and new rear drive line.
The shelf is full of parts, laser cut brackets for the new work going on in the front to accommodate the tires. Centramatic balancers, new links to swap out the rustys joints i shouldn't have used. These are temp until i get the rest of my emf order. New tie rod because the offset tre's take out more than the emf's, so i needed a longer one. 4.88 gears are up there, among other things.
My custom cut leaf spring slider setup for the rear. Basically eliminates the shackles.
Spartan locker for the front, there will be a Detroit going in the rear, and gears will be changed out to 4.88's.
Then the last is a 1410 joint vs a 351a from my duramax. I wish i was using those instead of the super dirty stuff, but oh well. I have it, so I'm gonna use it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Yeah, me too. I had bought and paid for swamper ltb's, but they were on backorder for like 8 months. Decided i didn't want to wait that long for bias ply tires, so for less than 300 more, i got these within 4 days lol. They seem to do pretty good on other trucks setup like mine, plus radial is a bonus. I think with my new beadlocks and slider boxes I'll be in good shape for a couple years.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
None really.
I have all the parts needed to get this thing tip top with the 40's. Just haven't had room in my garage to pull it all of. That may be changing real soon here....updates might be coming in a couple months if i'm lucky.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Updates

Well, went out to r+v for the rbor races. Wheeled a bit. Broke a bit, but the truck did excellent. The breakage was my own fault. I crammed the whole week to get prepped for the wheeling, and didn't get to build my bumper like i wanted, but had already cut the brackets off the stock frame horns, so couldn't put the stock bumper back on. I bumped a stump on undertaker and popped the coolant reservoir since the core support pushed back enough to push the coolant tank mounts enough to break it at the bottom neck outlet. We did complete python earlier that day though. Wish i had more pics, but when you're wheeling, it's hard to get out and snap them.

Attachments

·
Registered
914 Posts
Well, went out to r+v for the rbor races. Wheeled a bit. Broke a bit, but the truck did excellent. The breakage was my own fault. I crammed the whole week to get prepped for the wheeling, and didn't get to build my bumper like i wanted, but had already cut the brackets off the stock frame horns, so couldn't put the stock bumper back on. I bumped a stump on undertaker and popped the coolant reservoir since the core support pushed back enough to push the coolant tank mounts enough to break it at the bottom neck outlet. We did complete python earlier that day though. Wish i had more pics, but when you're wheeling, it's hard to get out and snap them.
i like the wheels man what are specs on the rims and tires

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
i like the wheels man what are specs on the rims and tires
Thanks!
Tires are 37x12.5x17 bias maxxis trepadors
Wheels are 17x9 wagons with mayhem metal works weld on beadlock kit. I used duplicolor spray on bedliner paint to cover them up. I think they look good, and they work well. Kept 10 psi in them the whole weekend with no issue. Could have went a little less in the back, but had no single digit tire gauge so left it alone. The tires perform very well in mud, rocks, and even in wet muddy rocks they just grip and pull you over. I do have a new spartan and 4.88 gears in the front, and i think a gov bomb with 4.88 in the rear. I've got emf joints at points of my links, and also using their tre's and dle's on my steering. It is a huge improvement over what i had previously. I think I'm going to go back to r+v in mid September with another group of friends so i can conquer more trails.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Hey there friend, found your thread. How do those DIY beadlocks work driving down the highway?
Yup, i got one here too.
They're not bad. I've got a bunch of mud in my wheels so there's a vibration. I also haven't been able to drive it all that much since my trans is gone. Hoping to have that changed out by this weekend. I'm also going to put my centramatics back on, and that will help a ton.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Yup, i got one here too.
They're not bad. I've got a bunch of mud in my wheels so there's a vibration. I also haven't been able to drive it all that much since my trans is gone. Hoping to have that changed out by this weekend. I'm also going to put my centramatics back on, and that will help a ton.
I just helped my brother change the transmission in his Silverado. Wasn't too bad of a job other than the damn thing was seized pretty good to the motor

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
I just helped my brother change the transmission in his Silverado. Wasn't too bad of a job other than the damn thing was seized pretty good to the motor

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Ooh, i hope that doesn't happen to me...if it's loose like it should be, the job will be easy.

On another note, i just drove my truck 65 mph for a couple miles, and i think one of my tires is off center from the lock. I'll be able to fix it, but it's going to be time consuming i think. Probably take care of it after the trans swap. I'll have to check them all just to be sure i guess.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 · (Edited)
20171123_113152 by Sterlingfire 01, on Flickr

Something followed me home the other day. I'm going to swap the cab onto my frame after i put a cage in it. Picked the whole cab with rear doors for $200. Couldn't pass up the deal. Also got my transmission at the same time too. That will get swapped out some time in the next week, and we'll hopefully do some wheeling after that. Hoping to order my eco box some time next month. I'm getting my 1410 outputs for the np205 and 1410 yoke for my dana 60 for christmas.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
you gonna run a ford 205 behind a ecobox? that was a thought of mine.
Yes sir. I have one in the garage awaiting front and rear output swap to 1410, full rebuild, and twin stick mod along with vss mod to make it work with my 4l60e. Going to be badass to pull front digs. I'm going to be installing individual rear line locks for help with pivot as well.

181 - 200 of 235 Posts