Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the first time I had ever been there. It was a crazy learning experience for me. I have never driven in anything like that. There's just something about climbing hills with a V8 at 4,000 RPM all day that made me smile. It gave me a whole new perspective on what it would take to have a good all around trail rig.

Video:
http://www.projectxj.com/videos/silverlake.wmv

Pics:

The dunes are big:

xj4life gettin it:

I really like bbacj8's truck. It does well out there:

the beach:

wheelie:

xj4life and bluexj in the background:

·
Registered
718 Posts
looks like fun, vid was cool too. first timers are always fun to watch! i remember my first time driving in the dunes. its definitely different than anything else i have ever done.

so did you get all the sand out of your truck yet?? lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks like fun, vid was cool too. first timers are always fun to watch! i remember my first time driving in the dunes. its definitely different than anything else i have ever done.

so did you get all the sand out of your truck yet?? lol
I don't think the sand will ever come out! I almost took my wife's stock XJ out there instead of the buggy, but she said she didn't want it full of sand.....damn am I glad I didn't do that.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
If you need anything sandblasted, take it up with you when it is really windy. It will save you a lot of work. Although, if you don't want something sandblasted, eh, too bad.

·
web wheeling, hard.
6,774 Posts
great vid! I still have never been to SL, one of these days, hopefully next summer I will have the jeep able to wheel.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
great vid! I still have never been to SL, one of these days, hopefully next summer I will have the jeep able to wheel.
let me know when you are going up to silver dave, we will goto a titty bar afterwards. or you can have a chat with my mom on how her son was turned to the dark side:sonicjay: what rig is yours fatwreck? saying your name makes me laugh

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
Nice video I miss silver lake! Haven't been since last year when I had My JP mag run may of 06

·
Yooper In Training
7,248 Posts

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts
It's pretty tempting....I've been drooling over that thing for a long time. If I somehow manage to roll it or severely damage it something like that may happen, otherwise it'll stay a mall crawler and I'll continue to build my Scrambler.
or if someone runs into the side of your box....

·
Yooper In Training
7,248 Posts
In all reality I'd probably just take the money from the insurance company and put it towards a Cummins. As cool as RamV's rig is, I'd still rather build my Jeep.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts