Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Sorry to hear. You may want to change the title of this post to "'03 Rubicon Stolen", though, as people will know more specifically what type of vehicle you're referring to. :thumb: A TJ is not a truck.

Craig

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
damn dude, that blows!

hopefully the insurance company doesn't give you the run around.

as shitty as it is, it could be nice to get a new "truck" out of this, if it's not recovered...

good luck!

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,014 Posts
color, location, anything modified, license plate, ????
heres my guess: 03 Silver Rubicon, stolen around Taylor. Has 4.5" lift, 35"s, ARB Bull bumper, black soft top.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they found it around the block
still in one piece
radio, sirius, stolen
GPS half stolen
window broke
sot top has holes in it
nothing major wrong with it

suprisingley my wallet that was in the center council was left on the floor pan with my credit cards still in it

i was taking it to the dealer anyways to get the trans checked out

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Good luck with that...

take it to SilverXJ as he will warranty anything.
can he warranty my busted windshield? lol. Im on my fourth in 2 years.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
I dont have a body lift.

·
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
8,589 Posts
they found it around the block
still in one piece
radio, sirius, stolen
GPS half stolen
window broke
sot top has holes in it
nothing major wrong with it

suprisingley my wallet that was in the center council was left on the floor pan with my credit cards still in it

i was taking it to the dealer anyways to get the trans checked out
that sucks :(

time for me to put in a kill an alarm on mine now

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
come to find out they tried stealing the jeep acrost the street from me too but they could not because the battery was disconnected and had steering lock

also when they left my truck they stole some buick car
i have an alarm on the truck and it was going off and they popped out the little LED light hooked to it and thought it would stop it

it looks like they threw a bike at the window because there was a bike in the middle of the street next to all of the glass on the ground
but suprisingley did not touch the paint

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
you have an alarm on it?

if it was going off, how did they start it? i thought most alarms disabled the ignition if it was set off...? if not, what would be the point?

they obviously werent concerned w/ being TOO discreet, if they busted out a window of a jeep w/ a SOFT top. Interesting...

·
web wheeling, hard.
6,774 Posts
you have an alarm on it?

if it was going off, how did they start it? i thought most alarms disabled the ignition if it was set off...? if not, what would be the point?
yeah, why wasnt the starter disabled? and where were you when the horn was going berzerk?

p.s. don't leave your wallet in the car again, that was dumb.

when you replace stuff, consider getting a security center console and putting expensive stereo stuff in there instead.

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
p.s. don't leave your wallet in the car again, that was dumb.

when you replace stuff, consider getting a security center console and putting expensive stereo stuff in there instead.
Important Rule: Don't carry anything of value in a soft-topped Jeep :thumb: (still different from a truck) :tonka:

Craig

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Sorry to hear man. I'm lucky that my XJ hasn't been stolen. I should take more drastic measures though. And the guys who stole your Jeep obviously were stupid. I won't even give them points for the McGyver break in using a mountain bike they probably rode in on.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts