Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I didn't find it on search though I could have sworn I have seen this ? before.

I just have a 2" bb on my TJ, went out today and one of my shocks is broke so I am going to buy a couple new rear shocks.

The broken one is the pos one that came with the bb. Any suggestions on a better riding shock brand? and what part # for them?

I just don't trust someplace to give me the right shock for the bb and would like to make sure I get the right shocks the first time rather than have to go back.

·
Can't Worry About It
1,070 Posts
the best way to get shocks that fit is to measure them properly, which would involve measureing for them.

you would have to flex your suspension till its on the bump stops or hitting a fender (then you need more bumpstop fyi) measure mounting point to mounting point for the lengths extended and compressed then find a nice brand shock that fits the lengths and is for your vehicle.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I'm just running the factory shocks with the BB on my new TJ. It's working fine; I'm told you just lose a little articulation from the shocks not being longer, but that's fine with me at the moment.

·
3,591 Posts
I'm just running the factory shocks with the BB on my new TJ. It's working fine; I'm told you just lose a little articulation from the shocks not being longer, but that's fine with me at the moment.
This is true.

Depending on if its only a dd or if you wheel or what ever you can go stock length. if you would like a longer shock search around on different web sites, most of them will tell you how much lift the shock if for.

and as for a good shock i have no idea, i don't have enough experience with them to say.
but i have rancho 5000's and the last few days they have been riding pretty hard, in the cold.
I got mine from PORC

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
I just don't trust someplace to give me the right shock for the bb and would like to make sure I get the right shocks the first time rather than have to go back.
i visited JeeperzCreeperz down in wyandotte yesterday. they gave me a good education on shockers, manufacturers, etc, and convinced me that my BB with stock shocks were okay for what i do. think you'll get some straight talk from them. recommended

1 - 6 of 6 Posts