Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some of you may know I was trying to attempt to put a lift on my Jeep cherokee over my spring break last week. I made a great effort but failed horribly after finding out that one of my used lift leaf springs had a couple leaves cracked.

I was able to source a new set and ordered them last monday (3/9) from the local Rough Country dealer and they said they would be in 3-4 business days which would make it last Thursday and Friday (3/12,3/13). I called this Tuesday and they said they should be in Wednesday (3/18).

Is Rough Country's shipping this slow or has this shop been giving me the run around?

I also found out their quote was $30 more expensive apples to apples to another local shop. Just that local shop was too slow to get me their quote. (like 3 days too slow)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh... shit... totally forgot about that. But still I think a company as big as Rough Country should be able to account for demand rise.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,044 Posts
As long as I order them by 5:15 or 5:30 pm, I always get them in 2 days, once or twice in the 5 years it has taken 3 day, even during Christmas time, unless its on backorder they are giving you the run around.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
call Ironman Offroad and get their quote and timing. I know they do a pretty high volume of rough country stuff.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting. I have no clue if they would be back-ordered. They may be because I noticed the kit that uses those springs is out of stock on their website. I should have just ordered it myself because then I would have the tracking number.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
call Ironman Offroad and get their quote and timing. I know they do a pretty high volume of rough country stuff.
I'll have to do that. I think I may stop by the shop today and see what is up. Hopefully I can get some truth out of them.

·
Registered
676 Posts
What about a local spring shop? You can cancel your order and get a set made for you.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What about a local spring shop? You can cancel your order and get a set made for you.
Its tempting but I wouldn't want to see the price tag and I'm unsure what type of warranty would come with two of two lift springs.

I'm fine waiting but I just wish the estimate for shipping would have been accurate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts