Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some old aluminum wheels I bought cheap. I painted them black and mounted up my 35" BFGs for the ZJ. Well they use the shank style lugnut instead of acorn style. No problem Ironman had a set for me. But I can't find the washers. I picked up some from Belle Tire at $16 for 20 washer...ouch...but they are too big and dont seat down into the recessed area on the wheel.

My question is do you have to run the washer with these style lug nuts? Or can I get away with not running them? Or should I just use the ones I purchased from Belle even tho' they don't fit the wheel correctly.

sorry for the long beginning and hopefully this makes sense.

If I need to take pics to explain this let me know...I will and post them.

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
I would suggest to use the washers. the nuts will gouge out the hole if you don't have a steel backer. I suggest to check around the Detroit tire shops like Bar tire or Becks wheel city. they might have the old stuff you need. if you can't find it there check in Jackson at Wally Neico's

if non of them have what you need I have oodles of old nuts bolts and washers, I know theres ET mag stuff and some Appliance wheel stuff around, couldn't tell you if I had enough of anything, but its a last resort.

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dana....but I think I just found what I need online. Only $.49 each and they come in black:woot:

Belle tire better take back their $16 set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts