Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i sea foamed my truck yesterday through the brake booster, and that stuff works awesome by the way.

so today i put a half can into my full (23 gallon) tank.

about 5 mins after putting it in a throw up a service engin soon light

wtf is this?

every time i put a fuel injector cleaner in this happens and i just clear it and it stays gone, but im kinda wondering y this always happens

btw the truck is a 2000 silverado 5.3l

thanks,
Brandon

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Well are you reading the code or just clearing it? The code will tell you which sensor you are pissing off. Figure out which sensor it is, then read the FI cleaner label to see if it contains something the sensor might not like. Consider a different brand cleaner.

How often are you using a FI cleaner?

·
Can't Worry About It
1,070 Posts
this isn't uncommon when doing a service like that, but normally its a 1 time thing clear it and its fine.

but did you read the code? that would be the best thing and you could figure out why its doing it.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a p0452 code which is a evac fuel pressure sensor low or something like that...i usually use fuel injector cleaner every 15,000 miles and so far this has happened every time

ive cleared it 3 times and it came back

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
p0452= evap emission control system pressure sensor low. From what i read it has something to do with a sensor in the gas tank. So if it's able to reset and doesn't come back for except time you do the injector cleaning I would not worry about it. You might like to use lucas injector cleaner in the tank with you seafoaming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts