Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Sell second Jeep and buy Karmann Ghia?

• Buy Karmann Ghia

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Keep second/unused Jeep

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • kick cube in junk, then drive away in Ghia while giving him the bird?

Votes: 8 24.2%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I Ride a Bike
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have 2 jeeps, one is not getting used and is an hour away, both my jeeps are wheelable so being left without a rig isn't a problem.
I'm thinking of selling one off and buying a Karmann Ghia , thoughts on Karmann Ghia's? Experiences?

I think it would be fun to have a cheap little car to run around town in and have fun.

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
If you want it why not Then VW boy could givez you all typez ov Vdub Advize abuot buildin mutors and doing burnoutz

·
Registered
847 Posts
somehow I don't think VWboy has any experience with Ghia's. Considering they have the filters in oil and are air cooled engines that only put out something like 1600cc.

Somethin' like that.

If you've got a wheeling rig already, Why not grab a Ghia? Depends on what you're going for. For $5000 you can get one that's running and in good shape if you shop around a bit. Careful of the assholes that try to sell them for much more than they're worth. Personally, I'd be thinking of a convertible, but that's just me. Would update the wheels a bit to a 5-spoke or similar, as I think it looks better. Turbo-charge the engine... put some other little modern conveniences in it. Make it purdy.

Small, good lil car. Seems at least a bit fun. Something different to do at least.

Check out www.thesamba.com

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
I love them (not suprising)

i actually like the Type 3 wagons better

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
fun car to drive, I owned a couple in my younger days.....

If you are a big person, you will not like the room. Pedals are close together, very hard to drive if you have big feet.

30 mpg is not unheard of though.

·
I Ride a Bike
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fun car to drive, I owned a couple in my younger days.....

If you are a big person, you will not like the room. Pedals are close together, very hard to drive if you have big feet.

30 mpg is not unheard of though.
I'm 6'1" from what i heard i will fit in one, besides the fact that i know more than enough to fabriate a seat to fit myself into that car :p but iiregardless i think would be a sweet car to tool around town in

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
are you fawking retarded

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
I'm 6'1" from what i heard i will fit in one, besides the fact that i know more than enough to fabriate a seat to fit myself into that car :p but iiregardless i think would be a sweet car to tool around town in

there is no such thing as iiregardless

nice try slapper.........

its only regardless

if your going to get a v-dub at least get something that was mildly cool like a THING and then throw it on a 4x4 frame

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,748 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts