Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of pics from today. It was a perfect day for an airshow.

I looked for you Immortal, but never saw you. :(

Army attack copters.

Mustang?

This is the Airforce first and latest model planes

one of the stunt planes

there is a chick on the wing of this thing going through loops.

Of course I couldn't miss getting a pick of the vehicle that won WWII!
Someone just donated it to them last week.

:rock:

·
Registered
452 Posts
M-38 would be the jeep that won Korea,

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Neither, it has WILLYS stamps on the hood, a MB Windshield, CJ2A grill, and CJ2A gas tank. Top Bow pockets are also civilian. I'd venture as far to say the tub itself is civvy too. M38 wood have had a battery box in the cowl and tool indents on the passenger side, I don't see the battery box. The rear axle also is not a FF axle like military would have (though M38 IIRC might be semifloat) but I don't think that is a real military one at all.

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neither, it has WILLYS stamps on the hood, a MB Windshield, CJ2A grill, and CJ2A gas tank. Top Bow pockets are also civilian. I'd venture as far to say the tub itself is civvy too. M38 wood have had a battery box in the cowl and tool indents on the passenger side, I don't see the battery box. The rear axle also is not a FF axle like military would have (though M38 IIRC might be semifloat) but I don't think that is a real military one at all.

I meant JEEP, ya turds. For the record, it's a 1948 CJ2A..

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I got into the research a lot on these old ones :tonka:
How come it only had one tail light? It had one on the driver side and a clean corner on the passenger side. I know that's all that was required at the time, but my 46 has two.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
How come it only had one tail light? It had one on the driver side and a clean corner on the passenger side. I know that's all that was required at the time, but my 46 has two.
Came from the factory with one, that is all that was required. Mine had the optional turn signals on it though - you could get them.

·
Irish R&B Singer
4,797 Posts
Mustang? yes its a p-51

This is the Airforce first and latest model planesthats a negatory.....its just a heritage flight airforce runs f-16s too

one of the stunt planes its a pitts....a bad ass plane....weights something like 1150 lbs and has around 560 horsepower.....needless to say with a seasoned pilot it can pretty much hang from the prop in a hover

nice pics none the less

·
Premium Member
6,224 Posts
Great pics! What kind of camera do you have? It does a great job of stopping the action. Love the F-15 shots with the afterburners.

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
I looked for you too Jeepr, but nadda. Awesome shots of the mustang and eagle. I will post mine later tonight from my crappy camera for shits and giggles. Basically a blue sky with a couple of black dots :sonicjay:

What did you think of the security carrying what I believe to be AR's and the snipers on the rooftops :tonka:

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great pics! What kind of camera do you have? It does a great job of stopping the action.
Nikon D40, I love it. The biggest problem I have is I now take wayyyy to many pictures. I just got back from Mackinac and I took like 500 pictures! My computer damn near had a coronary! :sonicjay:

I looked for you too Jeepr, but nadda.

What did you think of the security carrying what I believe to be AR's and the snipers on the rooftops :tonka:
There was a guy there that looked like you, but he appeared mortal.. :tonka:

I saw the guys on the roofs, I figured they were trying to get a better view of the show. Your probably right, they were watching the crowds. The security was definitely carrying M-16s (military version of the AR, it has a 3 round burst setting). At least the ones at the gate were.

Did you see that Army virtual experience thing? I walked up to it and the wait was 3 hours! :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts