·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
ill be watching from the lake on the boat:thumb: :beer: :beer:
Oh so your going to be sitting where they ditch in case of emergencys? :poke:

·
Got spicy flies?
1,927 Posts
We were fishing there today and we could see some of them practicing....

They saw me and they even spelled my nick name, but a cloud quickly covered the rest :d:

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
I am in Mackinac right now. We are leaving for home today so we can catch the air show tomorrow. (Sunday)

I will look for you.. :d:

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just found out that bridgeview is down to one lane. :( Plans are to rebuild the bridge by removing it. Gonna be pretty busy downtown clems :tonka:

I think leaving early would be wise.

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
I just found out that bridgeview is down to one lane. :( Plans are to rebuild the bridge by removing it. Gonna be pretty busy downtown clems :tonka:

I think leaving early would be wise.
Well that will suck. Bridgeview was still open last week. There won't be a decent way to get there from our side. Do they let airshow traffic through the base? I have only got in from the North River side. If you can get in off of Jefferson on the other side, that may be the way to go. I know the Joy road entrance is closed, maybe they will open it for the airshow.

What time does the show start?

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know the Joy road entrance is closed, maybe they will open it for the airshow.
Hmmmmmm that is how I have always gone to the air shows.

gates open at 8am
tarmac(sp) is open at 9am
flying is @ 11am

I think :d:

·
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
5,070 Posts
That is like 100 feet from my house, but I can't go because I'm in Kzoo :( .

I was told that they won't have the blue angels this year...any truth to that rumor?

·
Mall Rated
1,567 Posts
That is like 100 feet from my house, but I can't go because I'm in Kzoo :( .

I was told that they won't have the blue angels this year...any truth to that rumor?
My dad said he thought it was the Thunderbirds this time around. And my parents are like 50 feet from there :stan: but you knew that :tonka:

·
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
5,070 Posts
My dad said he thought it was the Thunderbirds this time around. And my parents are like 50 feet from there :stan: but you knew that :tonka:
Well then...my parents live 50 feet from there too.

So beat that.

·
Retired double dipper
984 Posts
I had to be in that airshow for 15 years.
Obviously I was being paid to be there, but
get up at 4AM, drive to Grand Ledge, fly to Selfridge, stand around all day, fly back to Grand Ledge, drive home.
It was a very long day..usually an 18 hour day and only 3hours of logged flight time.
I hate crowds. Haven't been since I retired from the Guard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts