Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Even down to the old Eagle brand on the bottom. Still can't stand all the extra body on those renegades. Somebody must've told 'em body kits are only for ricers.

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,448 Posts
the big thing is they market them in Europe, the rules for what can stick out of wheel wells and gaps between bumpers & fenders can't exsist. I think the marketing guys thought they could build one rig to suit both shores.

about the only thing this doesn't have is the factory mudflaps that are required as well as the yellow marker light that sticks out from the side far enough to see it from the rear.

·
14,448 Posts
by the way if you have never seen a Europeon TJ or JK they look very simular to the above pic.

·
14,448 Posts
Thanks for finding the pics of the euro ones. they have some goofy law that vehicles have to be "pedistrian resistant'? it pertains to not having open spaces where they can get "hung up" while being rundown.

I was dealing with some inspectors who tripped me up on the mirrors. one asked me if they were the same distance from the door on each side? (Yetti breaks out tape measure at that point) beleive it or not the JK has 3/4" drivers side mirror extension over the passengers side...who knew?

·
10 0011 10101
2,336 Posts
55155668AB
55155669AB

Part numbers for the bumper wing things for a TJ. If anyone cared. I had to order a pair for a customer once. Not sure why, but he was really excited to get them.

Here's the part number for the JK bumper, I think: 1FN88RXFAA

I really have no life.

·
Mall Crawler
2,633 Posts
55155668AB
55155669AB

Part numbers for the bumper wing things for a TJ. If anyone cared. I had to order a pair for a customer once. Not sure why, but he was really excited to get them.

Here's the part number for the JK bumper, I think: 1FN88RXFAA

I really have no life.
Huh.....I wonder if thats an orderable part in the US. My bumper cover is all caved in after trying to do a frozen water crossing, and needs to be replaced before my lease is up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.