Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone bought a vehicle since the SOS has been closed? Is there a process to transfer a title and get plates for a newly purchased vehicle, or is this just on hold until the reopen?

·
Gustafson
9,046 Posts
Has anyone bought a vehicle since the SOS has been closed? Is there a process to transfer a title and get plates for a newly purchased vehicle, or is this just on hold until the reopen?
I assume on hold, at least from the plate standpoint. I have been waiting for my new plate for 5 weeks.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
You could make an appointment, but last I knew they were booked for months

·
Gustafson
9,046 Posts
You could make an appointment, but last I knew they were booked for months
Have they reopened? I wasn't aware they were back to work.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, their website is reading like anything already in your name and that can usually be done online is still being processed.

·
Cup holders & Rollbars
540 Posts
We've bought 2 more semi trucks and 6 trailers. We are riding dirty until normal life comes back. Carry copy of signed title and current insurance.

·
N8KVB
4,386 Posts
The SoS is going to be the most miserable place on the planet when it reopens. That place was a shit show to begin with.

·
Gustafson
9,046 Posts
The SoS is going to be the most miserable place on the planet when it reopens. That place was a shit show to begin with.
I agree. I wish this ONE time they would waive the renewing your license in person BS so I don't have to go there. At this point I feel like I won't get an appointment until July.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,114 Posts
I agree. I wish this ONE time they would waive the renewing your license in person BS so I don't have to go there. At this point I feel like I won't get an appointment until July.
Seems like a good time to come up with a plan to delay it for all.

Something like spllitting up last times into 4 groups and giving delay to them, or maybe age. Antyhing rather than "everybody rush to SOS to get caught up"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts