Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Freedom isn't Free
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend sent me this grainy pic the other day, it is my high school hot rod, sitting in some guys yard 2 weeks ago.

And today one of the best days of my life, I have the Gutless Cutlass back, and we'll have plate's and insurance on it tomorrow. For my friends that don't know, I bought this car when I was 17, 20 years ago this past april. I sold it 10 years ago this past May at 27, to a former friend on the stipulation I could have first oppurtunity to buy it back. He got divorced, it vanished. We did a hell'uva lot of street racing and other crazy shenanigans in this car and it always got us home. To most of my friends and me it is an old friend we trust and love and it's home. After 8 years of searching my brother Geoff found it. It is mine now, It's going in Geoffs polebarn, and until his truck is fixed he will be driving around in it. It's what I can do for a friend that has always been there for me.

·
Freedom isn't Free
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Details 1970 Olds Cutlass S, 365hp 455 out of a 70 delta 88 with some hot rod parts, th400. We drove it tonight, it isn't near as violent as she used to be, but a lot has been changed since I last had it. But I have an m22 rock crusher and a few other Olds parts that will make her the wheelie queen again.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Sold my 1st car last year. Got it when i was 14 years old. So far have no regrets. But i did sell it to my brother. It is a 1971 torino that has a 460 based big block. Turned that cash into a 1955 chevy belair convertible. Couldn't be happier with my decision. Btw nice car.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,044 Posts
I never had any cool cars when I was younger :(:( Only vehicle I have owned that I Wish I didn't have to sell was my F100.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts