Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my work in progress truck. Bought when i was 15 from Texas as a rust free basket case for $2000. Took me 2 years to build and get it up and runnin. Sported 39.5 boggers on 15x14 alcoa wheels. 600 hp tunnel rammed 406 small block. And half ton axles.

n572894574_1017959_4418.jpg

n572894574_2610490_4452917.jpg

After breakin axles transmissions and blowin up my 406 from getting sand in through the shitty air filters i decided it was time for a make over.

Screamin Semen got a 2006 5.3 liter engine with a 68mm turbo, runs on e85 est 850 crank horsepower. 550 hp 540tq to the 40's DYNO PROVEN
corporate 14 bolt rear axle 3.73 gears mini spool dana 44 up front converted to 8 lug. 22x14 KMC Diesel wheels on 40x15.50x22 Mud grapplers, Built turbo 400 reverse manual with a 4000 stall custom built coan convertor, np 205 transfercase.....and some other crap. Been part of this forum a couple months now and figured it was time to share.

Some donut marks she made. Ever done dry donuts on sticky 40" tires???????

Attachments

·
missmrgreenagain
21,342 Posts
POS the best rig name

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,455 Posts
Heard about this truck from a friend, sounds like a sweet ride. Have to check it out sometime if I see it in the dunes. Very interested in the turbo set-up you got on there.

·
Yeeeee Haaaaw!
6,801 Posts
Yup- I've seen it..... I was giving a few of my friend's young kids a ride through the dunes labor day weekend and got stuck behind you by the beach. I can't believe I didn't have to explain your tailgate to them. They thought the pic was funny....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup- I've seen it..... I was giving a few of my friend's young kids a ride through the dunes labor day weekend and got stuck behind you by the beach. I can't believe I didn't have to explain your tailgate to them. They thought the pic was funny....
Haha yea my Bad...thought it was a funny name.....but it sure lives up to it. Need to take some videos of it.

·
Hillbilly on the Hill
92 Posts
Sweet truck man! altho 3.73's turning 40" tires is steep!
Not for a turbocharged 5.3 making est 850 crank I don't believe! Turbos love shallow gearing! Seen it at the strip many times! Alot of times it seems the closer you get to 1:1 and the taller tires you get, the faster they get! Backwards from all rational thinking!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not for a turbocharged 5.3 making est 850 crank I don't believe! Turbos love shallow gearing! Seen it at the strip many times! Alot of times it seems the closer you get to 1:1 and the taller tires you get, the faster they get! Backwards from all rational thinking!
Yea the 3.73's kick ass. When i climb test hill at silver lake im doin 120mph wheel speed in the top of second gear by the time i get to the top. Truck is only 2wd and makes it anywhere up there.

·
Yooper In Training
7,059 Posts
Saw you a ton on Labor Day weekend, looked and sounded awesome out there. We ended up going over Test and the following hills pretty close to each other at one point and I definitely enjoyed the show and sound effects....made me wish I were in my diesel out there again though, turbo+dunes=heaven

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
My very first 4x4 was a 79 GMC, so I kinda have a soft spot for these things. Amazing looking truck! Nice work!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
does it have a tcase? thats a sweet truck and im a ford guy all the way.
Yea it has a np205 in it now. Jus havent bother to put in a front shaft because its a dana 44 and 40's i feel like the power will just destroy the front axle. Waitin til i 4 link the front with a dana 60.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
So your losing 50 to 55% thru your t-case and trans. Not doubting @ wheel power but crank, its a bit off.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts