enterprise iron and steel
sly's auto salvage has a scale and paied like 90 a ton last i knew

we don't take much steel in.
aluminum wheels are like $.87 a pound.
copper #1 was like $2.47 we had like... 120 pounds of it. :D

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Bryce, go to Ferrous Metals Recycling. Its the same place that owns Parts Galore(thats where the cars go when they are picked over).

They are just south of great lakes crossing, just east of baldwin road...

lemme go find the address...

·
Im going FAST!!!
3,810 Posts
I dont know about Pontiac I go to Flint town....What ever you do dont go to the one in Waterford off of White lake rd next to campers paridise I dont remember the name but the are not freindly you get way less for material and their yard is a shit whole. ( I know its a scap yard but most of them actually take the time to clean them up and try to move harmful debris that can damage their customers vehicles. They dont.)

my .02

·
Premium Member
9,322 Posts
$.87 for aluminum wheels is a real good price. I just cashed some in a week ago and they were only $.74 a pound. Scrap cars were up to $135 a ton last week though. Thats down from the $200 a ton it was going for earlier in the summer but much more than the $80 a ton it was selling for last fall. I go to either Black River or Padnos.

·
Fancy Lady
3,211 Posts
GO TO DRAYTON IRON AND METAL

5229 Williams Lake Road
Drayton Plains, MI 48330

248 866 0570

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
Its on Collier rd, a few hundred feet east of baldwin road. I believe they are called FPT (ferrous processing and trading).

Scrap iron is around $80/ton, aluminum is usually between $0.40 - $0.70 / lb, depending on if its sheet, cast, extruded, etc.

Radiators are around $0.60 a pound.

Dunno about copper..

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
If you want to scrap it as scrap iron, it doesn't matter what you do, I pitch whole engines with wirings, hoses, belts, etc.

If you want ALUMINUM pricing, you need to strip it to bare aluminum, get all the bolts, studs, etc out of it. So I assume that means you need to press out the cylunder liners, too.

The guy in the back always is telling me how much money I lose when I just scrap transmissions, etc, instead of taking them down to bare aluminum. Its not worth my time to get $20-$50 in aluminum, I just want the shit gone..

·
American Infidel
1,104 Posts
There is a scrap yard in Lapeer. I'm not sure exactly where it is, but it's somewhere on M-24
It's on M-24 Just south of Burnside Rd. on the east side of the road kinda cattykorner from the DQ.
Flint paid a litte better but you'd burn up the difference in gas.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts