Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
I've taken them there. Not with gas in it, but sure, they take them. At least whne I have 1500lbs of other crap with it :sonicjay:

·
Adrenaline my drug choice
1,045 Posts
set it out by the road on garbage day. scrap guys will take it they take every thing i set out.

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Our scrap yard takes tanks . Just make sure its empty and punch a few holes in it . Iv been taken trailer loads of old tanks over with no problem

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Our scrap yard takes tanks . Just make sure its empty and punch a few holes in it . Iv been taken trailer loads of old tanks over with no problem
X2 make sure about the holes so that it is "aired out" and you should be fine

·
YJ now
1,408 Posts
One time i took a load of scrap and remember seeing a huge pile of gas tanks that were removed from cars and then crushed in a very large pile of nothing but gas tanks, so i dont think it is a problem. but different places have different rules

·
propane evangelist
798 Posts
there's a place in Clio that takes vehicles without even looking at them. I took an 89 F-250 back that had about 8 gallons of used motor oil that the previous owner left in the bed of the truck along with the propane tanks that the truck ran off (still had LP in them) - they could have cared less.

but like its stated above... different places have different rules.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,272 Posts
fill the bottom with water and cut it in half with a torch
that way if a fire lights the water will put it right out... :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts