Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
'68 Scout ~rebuilding
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
International Scout II Traveler w/ a running 345, 727 auto tranny, dana 44 front and rear, SOA. Would make a sweet rig for someone. Asking $700.

·
'68 Scout ~rebuilding
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump. I'll also throw in a solid scout II frame, leaf springs, power steering pump and box, and a 727 auto tranny and transfercase.

·
'68 Scout ~rebuilding
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The floors have been replaced with galvanized steel, but it will need a new complete rocker on the drivers side, and a new outer rocker on the pass. side.

·
Out for the Summer!
5,098 Posts
Is there anything that would need to be done to make it run? or could it go down the road today? I'm very interested. I've always wanted a Scout.

·
'68 Scout ~rebuilding
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am working on getting it running and driving right now. As of right now, we're having starting issues- something is shorting out. Replacing the distributor and plug wires tonight to see if that fixes it. The suspension should have some work- somebody did a ******* soa- the spring mounts need to be fixed and it should have new shackles put on- or you could just leave it the way it is. The front axle also needs wedges to fix the front driveshaft angle. The wiring needs to be gone through to get all the lights working- it could be as simple as putting new fuses in, im not sure. I haven't looked into that yet.
It would not take much to get this thing going.

·
Registered
871 Posts
ooh man im tempted to buy just to swap the whole drivetrain into my '67...keep me posted if it sells or not. Im gonna see what i can scrounge up.

·
Out for the Summer!
5,098 Posts
I am working on getting it running and driving right now. As of right now, we're having starting issues- something is shorting out. Replacing the distributor and plug wires tonight to see if that fixes it. The suspension should have some work- somebody did a ******* soa- the spring mounts need to be fixed and it should have new shackles put on- or you could just leave it the way it is. The front axle also needs wedges to fix the front driveshaft angle. The wiring needs to be gone through to get all the lights working- it could be as simple as putting new fuses in, im not sure. I haven't looked into that yet.
It would not take much to get this thing going.
That doesn't sound to bad. Would it be possible to put it back to SUA if need be? I'm hoping my truck will sell too. This would make an awesome project.

·
'68 Scout ~rebuilding
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It would be pretty easy to go back to SUA- whoever did the spring over didnt chop any of the old mounts off or anything.

·
Registered
687 Posts
1980 is the only year with the texas bolt pattern dana 300, you might want to see what that is worth before you sell this...

·
'68 Scout ~rebuilding
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1980 is the only year with the texas bolt pattern dana 300, you might want to see what that is worth before you sell this...
Thanks, didn't realize that- thought it was just another dana 20. Just went and checked it out, and the speedometer cable is on the pass. side and it does not have the 5th bolt on the output that the dana 20 would have. whats so significant about this tcase?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts