Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
8,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody else is thinking this whole nomination stinks? The way some people are actually believing the accusations from these women that have zero proof that something happened?

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
3,884 Posts
Ehhhhh regardless of the accusations he's had some rather awkward answers and seems to be lying about quite a few things that he's been questioned on.

"devils triangle".... "drinking game"..... Ha! Lol

·
Gustafson
9,102 Posts
Ehhhhh regardless of the accusations he's had some rather awkward answers and seems to be lying about quite a few things that he's been questioned on.

"devils triangle".... "drinking game"..... Ha! Lol
I'm not for or against this nomination, that being said, I don't care if this dood had a 3 some, or 100 3 somes in high school / college. That has no bearing on my life what so ever.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
3,884 Posts
I agree, I don't care if he's a skier taking on two dudes at once. But I do care about being truthful and it's fairly obvious that he's not being 100% honest.

·
Gustafson
9,102 Posts
I agree, I don't care if he's a skier taking on two dudes at once. But I do care about being truthful and it's fairly obvious that he's not being 100% honest.
I don't think either side is... He has been a high ranking government employee for a long time now. If these allegations are true, why didn't any of this come out a long time ago when he first showed his face to run for office? I guess what I'm getting at is all of this seems a little off.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,102 Posts
In the last 242 years of our country he would have passed with flying colors. I believe he was a party animal. I don’t care. I believe she is a fruitcake with a grudge. I do care.
He has been in the high courts for years.

People are saying he was too aggressive. I don’t blame him. His career and reputation are tarnished if not ruined. He has to explain to his daughters why someone says daddy wagged his penis in their face. I would be FUCKING FURIOUS.

Go look up her yearbook that got scrubbed from the internet.
Go look up the court case where his mom ruled against her parents.
She wouldn’t fly but flies each year to visit family and go scuba diving in Hawaii.
She doesn’t know who paid for her polygraph Test that was only 2 questions.
Feinstein paid for her attornies.

The list is endless about her. Him? He liked to drink. That rules out about 80% of our country.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I don’t have a dog in this fight that dude came off very creepy and dishonest on some things, she appears to be wacky. That being said I believe there is a better candidate for one of the most important positions in our country. Supreme Court make the laws and upholds em. He doesn’t seem stable enough to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,439 Posts
I enjoy reading all the facebook posts about hwo people know he is guilty, or how they know ford is lying.

Really, how do you know?

Ford is being shady as fuck, though I would not discount that something happened to her. I don't believe is not listenting to someone about sexual abuse or rape, not matter how much time has passed. But something more has to be said than, I know nothing, but it happened. That can happen, but how can we take just that little bit as fact?

Kavanaugh is in the same boat, all he can say is, I didnt' do it. Ok, well did you go to a party with her, did you two have some relations? I agree that he is innocent until proven guilty. I question whether is this county even still follows that principle. Doesn't seem like it to me.

This case is She said, he said. And everyone is supposed to believe, she because SHE said it. That's not how this works. That's not how our system works. This isn't Russia. Though people of this country have been picking and choosing which laws to follow for the last 30 years.

So, I don't know. I give up trying to understand what or why people do what they do. Both sides have the same argument, which is nothing but a word. So whose word do you follow? Dems follow ford, Repubs follow Kavanaugh, just because. Not based on any facts, not based on any proof, but based solely on what they "think" they know.

·
Gustafson
9,102 Posts
I enjoy reading all the facebook posts about hwo people know he is guilty, or how they know ford is lying.

Really, how do you know?

Ford is being shady as fuck, though I would not discount that something happened to her. I don't believe is not listenting to someone about sexual abuse or rape, not matter how much time has passed. But something more has to be said than, I know nothing, but it happened. That can happen, but how can we take just that little bit as fact?

Kavanaugh is in the same boat, all he can say is, I didnt' do it. Ok, well did you go to a party with her, did you two have some relations? I agree that he is innocent until proven guilty. I question whether is this county even still follows that principle. Doesn't seem like it to me.

This case is She said, he said. And everyone is supposed to believe, she because SHE said it. That's not how this works. That's not how our system works. This isn't Russia. Though people of this country have been picking and choosing which laws to follow for the last 30 years.

So, I don't know. I give up trying to understand what or why people do what they do. Both sides have the same argument, which is nothing but a word. So whose word do you follow? Dems follow ford, Repubs follow Kavanaugh, just because. Not based on any facts, not based on any proof, but based solely on what they "think" they know.
:nana: Excellent.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,102 Posts
Did any of you watch 100% of the hearings? I did.
Did any of you watch his opening statement? I did.

Don't put your opinion on 30 second snippets you see on TV.

Shady? WTF! How many of you partied HARD in school and went on to be successful people, a good father, a good person in your community, church etc? Would you be indignant if you were accused of attempted rape when you believe you are innocent? I would hope so.

Look at the woman accusing him of a gang rape. She says she thinks he was at the party. (cannot say he was in the room) Then she accuses him of spiking the punch because she saw him standing near the punch bowl. (cannot say she saw him dump anything in the bowl) REALLY????????????? You want to destroy a man's career and reputation based on that? What if that was you? Would you be pissed? Would you be pissed that your parents, friends, wives of friends, relatives and mostly your kids are seeing this?

I would.
Would that make me so mad that I stammered, started to struggle forming sentences, make me pause, restate things etc? Put yourself in those shoes and then tell me you would be any different.

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
Micheal Che from SNL nailed this already. Whether he is guilty or not, he is tarnished. It sucks for him but its time to move on.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Who thinks it will actually be over at the end of the week, I say no way,they will want to keep digging until the election

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,102 Posts
Micheal Che from SNL nailed this already. Whether he is guilty or not, he is tarnished. It sucks for him but its time to move on.

And that right there is why he is pissed and indignant. Sad to see this happening in our country.

·
Hang all the thieves
1,669 Posts
I don’t have a dog in this fight that dude came off very creepy and dishonest on some things, she appears to be wacky. That being said I believe there is a better candidate for one of the most important positions in our country. Supreme Court make the laws and upholds em. He doesn’t seem stable enough to me

Last time I checked, the system is setup up for Congress to make the laws, the Executive branch to enforce them, and the Supreme court to decide if they are in compliance with the Constitution of the United States. I may not remember much from high school, but to say that the Supreme Court makes the laws and upholds them sounds like millennial snowflake speak.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Last time I checked, the system is setup up for Congress to make the laws, the Executive branch to enforce them, and the Supreme court to decide if they are in compliance with the Constitution of the United States. I may not remember much from high school, but to say that the Supreme Court makes the laws and upholds them sounds like millennial snowflake speak.

Well I can guarantee ya I’m no snowflake at 45, I knew someone was gonna get technical, Supreme Court does not make the laws but they sure make sure they are constitutional and legal, so at the end of the day yes they kinda do but technically I was wrong and I admit that

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,003 Posts

The Supreme Count does not make laws, at least they shouldn't. Making law is exclusively the role of the legislator.

Edit: posted before I saw the post above. Sorry for restirring the pot.

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Who thinks it will actually be over at the end of the week, I say no way,they will want to keep digging until the election
Yeah, it will be over. He will be confirmed.
And over the next forty years or so, every decision he makes he will remember how the AltLeft led democrrats raked him over the coals dispaging him and his family in a most vile fashion.

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,003 Posts
I kept wanting to start a thread like this but never got around to it. Thank you Aber for starting the discussion.

First, let me get this out of the way... Yes, as a left leaning moderate I would rather not have someone with Kavanaughs views on the Supreme Court. He's way too partisan for my tastes. I am not fully on board with his originalism interpretation of the Constitution. My belief is that our founding fathers knew that times would change, and that is why they provided the us with the means to amend the Constitution.

Second, I have to admit that me and Kavanaugh have at least 2 thing in common. We are the same age, we were in the same grade at the same time, and we both really like beer.(had a few tonight)

The big difference, besides our political views... I admit to doing stupid shit. No, I do not recall ever jumping on a girl while drunk or sexually molesting anyone that didn't consent, but I would not swear under oath to know that it never happened.

When I first heard that he was accused of doing such stupid shit when he was 17 my thoughts were much the same as many of yours, who cares. What you did as a stupid drunk teenage does not define who you are as an adult. Hardly anyone one I knew then would qualify. We used to joke about that.

And even if Ms. Ford had reported it the next day,proving "attempted rape" would seem almost impossible. All he had to say is that they were just messing with her, that they had no intention of it going any further. I can (barely) remember such stupid shit happening amongst my friends. I was willing to give him a pass on that. If he would have just said, "yes, I did a bunch of regrettable stupid shit when I was young, but i never meant any harm to anyone and am sorry if I did harm anyone" I would have no objection.

But that's not what he said.

Instead, what he did was deny, deny, and deny. He denied ever being at a get together like Ford described, even though such gatherings with some of those same people were documented on his own calendar. He denied being part of the same "social circles" as Ford, even though there is proof of the contrary. He denies ever having been "blackout drunk" even though many people who he partied with say he did often get that drunk.

I did not view the entire 10 hours of testimony, but what I did see and read lead me to think of Ford as somewhat of a dingbat who couldn't remember things that I would have thought someone who had a traumatic event like described would remember. But what I saw from Kavanaugh reminded me of someone that has something to hide. Evading questions. Answering questions differently than had been asked. He reminded me of Bill Clinton's lies. I thought she came across as a dingbat, but he came across as a liar.

Lying under oath is a crime, and that is why I do not think he is fit to sit on the Supreme Court.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts