Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The Biohazards
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your view on the following holidays, events:

Pearl Harbor... should we forget about Pearl Harbor, many people remember this day...

Mother's day... should we cancel it in case your mother is dead and "why keep putting people through that pain when they want to move on with life???"

Father's day reference above

Easter...

Memorial Day....

Should all these holidays be canceled?

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
I believe Kerwin will back you on this.

that other Dave can answer this one

Fisrt of its CHRISTmas NOt X-mas

the X takes Christ out of Christmas :miff:

[breaks in to song] ITs the most wonderful timeeeeee offff the yearrrrrrrrrrrr[/song]
:stan:

·
The Man Myth And Legend
5,133 Posts
here comes the d.r.a.m.a mobile beep beep. drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama vrooooooooooooommmmmmm

·
Registered
1,789 Posts

Pearl Harbor... should we forget about Pearl Harbor, many people remember this day...

Mother's day... should we cancel it in case your mother is dead and "why keep putting people through that pain when they want to move on with life???"

Easter...

Memorial Day....

i'm so going to get flamed for this............but um................i have no clue when any of those days are, and i didn't even know about 2 of those.

actually i don't really know when any holidays are. i'm usually just about to walk out the door when my wife tells me i don't have to go to work on some days. apparently there were 2 holidays this year i missed to. because i had the shop open, and i actually got customers. and they were all really surprised that my shop was open. i just said: "mmmhhh.......i forgot.....how can i help you today :) "

i do know that x-mass is something in december, and halloween is sometime in october. yeah i really don't pay attention to any holidays. i hate holidays. specially the ones with gifts. because everybody gets so obligated that they "have to buy gifts", not that they want to. i give people gifts anytime of year. if i'm walking around and see something cool that makes me think about somebody, i buy it for them. that's giving from the heart with thought behind it. not.........hey look that date on the calendar is here again. better go buy something for somebody.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
i'm so going to get flamed for this............but um................i have no clue when any of those days are, and i didn't even know about 2 of those.

actually i don't really know when any holidays are. i'm usually just about to walk out the door when my wife tells me i don't have to go to work on some days. apparently there were 2 holidays this year i missed to. because i had the shop open, and i actually got customers. and they were all really surprised that my shop was open. i just said: "mmmhhh.......i forgot.....how can i help you today :) "
Why would you get flamed because of memory loss. It's not like you don't agree or choose to recognize the holidays you just forget right?

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts

Easter...

Memorial Day....

I vote to cancel Columbus Day...

42,948 Posts

i do know that x-mass is something in december, and halloween is sometime in october. yeah i really don't pay attention to any holidays. i hate holidays. specially the ones with gifts. because everybody gets so obligated that they "have to buy gifts", not that they want to. i give people gifts anytime of year. if i'm walking around and see something cool that makes me think about somebody, i buy it for them. that's giving from the heart with thought behind it. not.........hey look that date on the calendar is here again. better go buy something for somebody.

Can you refresh my memory on what happened to you? I remember you making posts about passing out for days at a time. Did you have an accident?

·
The Biohazards
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no accident........well at least none that we can relate to this. google kleine-levine syndrome.

google search said:
Yes, sufferers of KLS may exhibit irritability, lethargy and/or apathy when awake.
ap·a·thy
1. absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement.
2. lack of interest in or concern for things that others find moving or exciting.

With this being stated it seems you would realize you have issues and back off when others talk about things that move them. Just because we find something moving you may not and you apparently have a medical excuse.

Now what medical condition does bigcountry have?

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Now what medical condition does bigcountry have?[/QUOTE]

:tonka: :tonka:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts