Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Mackinaw next weekend for 4 days... needed a new tent that would fit the g/f and I and the 2 dogs comfortably as well as hold our gear and bikes in case of rain so we could still take the car someplace. This thing is like 16.5' long...

This isn't the exact tent in the pic.. but very close. $100, regular $250

It is kind of weird, it is Y shaped and has a 4th smaller port off to one side with a 'pet den' and in the other side is a lockable 'doggy door' :sonicjay:

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet tent! I hope you have small dogs, otherwise anything made out of that won't be "lockable" :)
They will be with us at all times, they are getting kenneled the day we go to the Island with the bikes, the boxer has tent camped before and done very well, the 9 month old puppy though will have her kennel with her so she doesn't chew up the tent at night.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
Going to Mackinaw next weekend for 4 days... needed a new tent that would fit the g/f and I and the 2 dogs comfortably as well as hold our gear and bikes in case of rain so we could still take the car someplace. This thing is like 16.5' long...

This isn't the exact tent in the pic.. but very close. $100, regular $250

It is kind of weird, it is Y shaped and has a 4th smaller port off to one side with a 'pet den' and in the other side is a lockable 'doggy door' :sonicjay:

Sounds like you can fit an ac unit in the pet door.:tonka:

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
Where you camping up there? Wife and I are heading up Thursday through Monday. Also a sharp looking tent there.

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
They will be with us at all times, they are getting kenneled the day we go to the Island with the bikes, the boxer has tent camped before and done very well, the 9 month old puppy though will have her kennel with her so she doesn't chew up the tent at night.
Did you find a kennel yet? We found a super nice one in Mackinac. They had little beds up off the floor for the dogs, heated floors, every kennel had outside access, really clean. It was the nicest kennel I have ever seen in person.. It was right down the street from the KOA.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Yes....I looked at that same tent.....only good for warm weather.......and the doggie area..is small...I tend to buy for all climate....but for the money its a good deal!

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes....I looked at that same tent.....only good for warm weather.......and the doggie area..is small...I tend to buy for all climate....but for the money its a good deal!
I have my smaller tent that is all weather, I don't plan on doing much cold weather camping, and with 2 dogs and the g/f I am sure it will be plenty warm. My dogs will likely lay with us anyway, but they can have the option of laying on their bed in that area if they wish (it really is kind of small for them). This was cheaper then my Gander Mountain all weather tent I got in 1996 :sonicjay:

I cannot for the life of me remember the campground we have reservations at, I will have to look when I get home, and the g/f handled the kennel, I remember it had big runs with outside access and big kennels so my 2 dogs could stay together and play together. (I know the boxer is going to freak out as is)

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NIce! we will too starting thursday. :woot: keep an eye out for this stuff and stop by for a :beer: if you like

We will be rocking a silver Ford Focus with a playboy bunny sticker on the passenger side, and "fear this bitch" on the drivers side :sonicjay: (G/F's car) We will be arriving Mid-day on Friday and our campsite is right ON the water with 2 dogs a white Boxer and a Black mini-lab looking Mutt (bout the size of my boxer)

Where did you get it? The wife and I are looking for a tent.
Dunhams in Owosso

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
We will be arriving Mid-day on Friday and our campsite is right ON the water with 2 dogs a white Boxer and a Black mini-lab looking Mutt (bout the size of my boxer)
You sonofa.... You stole my regular spot didn't you? site # 211? No wonder I couldn't get it when I called.

We will also have the mutts, Siberian and a shepard mutt.

·
ASSHOLE
932 Posts
:beerbang: Big tents rock. This is our giant pos. It was 120 from kmart. Fuggers pretty old now and smells like a thousand smashed asses but it still sheds water great. Hold's up very well in high wind and is easy to set up. Best part is the garage :sonicjay:. I think i like the codominium effect yours has going on though better than my box..:beer:

·
Because racecar
4,041 Posts
I pitched a tent this morning but my wife had a headache, so i left the room to go chop wood :tonka:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts